U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2019, 10:41 PM

4,015 posts, read 5,822,667 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
What do you think? Should they be banned for home use?

No.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2019, 08:28 AM

10,873 posts, read 12,954,991 times
This isn't about government trying to take over our private lives. Maybe people just need to have their minds transformed somehow to a new way of thinking. Then everyone would think the same and no one would have to "convince" or change them because their thinking would already be in line towards a unified cause. Maybe those who didn't conform could be lessened somehow.

Old 09-14-2019, 09:20 AM

161 posts, read 28,007 times
Quote:
This isn't about government trying to take over our private lives. Maybe people just need to have their minds transformed somehow to a new way of thinking. Then everyone would think the same and no one would have to "convince" or change them because their thinking would already be in line towards a unified cause. Maybe those who didn't conform could be lessened somehow.
Oh wow. “Lessened somehow” for not conforming to your idea of a unified cause?

That’s almost as psychotic as the premise of the thread here.

Old 09-14-2019, 09:58 AM

11,392 posts, read 8,637,501 times
I choose to use.

Saves time. That's what modern appliances are for.

My current dryer is gas. That puppy will dry clothes in no time.

Old 09-14-2019, 12:12 PM

1,583 posts, read 2,790,582 times
Quote:
I heard a good discussion today about how some people don't use dryers because they are a waste of electricity. They say that hanging their clothes dries almost as fast sometimes.

This made sense. I usually will take out shirts and pants before they are done drying to eliminate wrinkles. But the smaller items don't even require that much care. I will literally have to keep setting a dryer for extended periods just to finish drying some socks. But isn't this kind of a waste of electricity? Especially if they can get dry just as fast by hanging?

Now people want to know why boomers hate millenials.

Old 09-14-2019, 01:43 PM

1,840 posts, read 861,123 times
Quote:
My mind transforms when it makes sense. Giving up our gas dryer that does a load of clothes in 40 minutes with no dust, bird droppings, tree droppings, or other stuff, and isn't affected by rain, heat, or cold, makes absolutely no sense at all.

Old 09-14-2019, 02:17 PM

9,812 posts, read 6,480,910 times
Quote:
I heard a good discussion today about how some people don't use dryers because they are a waste of electricity. They say that hanging their clothes dries almost as fast sometimes.

This made sense. I usually will take out shirts and pants before they are done drying to eliminate wrinkles. But the smaller items don't even require that much care. I will literally have to keep setting a dryer for extended periods just to finish drying some socks. But isn't this kind of a waste of electricity? Especially if they can get dry just as fast by hanging?

Not just no, HELL NO!!!!!!!!!!!!

I still remember my mother bringing in clothes that were frozen solid while on clothes lines

This thread ranks up there on my CD craziest threads

Old 09-14-2019, 02:24 PM

9,812 posts, read 6,480,910 times
Quote:
Maybe those who didn't conform could be lessened somehow.

W H A T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:smack :

Old 09-14-2019, 07:58 PM
Status: "Goodbye Portland, Hello Las Vegas!" (set 26 days ago)

5,944 posts, read 6,128,311 times
The mere idea of something this idiotic is why we have the 2nd Amendment - a backstop for if the government ever does get this stupid. Thank god Californians can move away because I’d have already been rioting if those laws applied to me! Lol

Old 09-14-2019, 08:41 PM

12,806 posts, read 49,611,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanLB View Post
Thank god Californians can move away...

Why would they do that- they voted the wack-jobs in that write AND PASS these laws!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or