U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2019, 04:57 PM

180 posts, read 41,884 times

Advertisements

i am wondering.
i have a samsung fridge that's 6 years old. it's starting to let go as it's not freezing ice cream as when i took my ice cream out over the weekend and i was like soup as well as it won't freeze my white castle burgers as there soft also. with the freezer set to minus 4 degrees everything should be rock hard. i just had the unit recharged not to long ago and here we are having the same issue as well.. and the compresser never shuts off when it gets cold inside it just keeps running constant 24-7.

thoughts and inputs on this
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2019, 08:23 PM

14,213 posts, read 20,712,006 times
Repair will be costly.
Repair might not be possible due to Samsung’s practice of not building/stocking enough spare parts.

Replace with built in the USA or México.

Old 09-08-2019, 09:47 PM

18,830 posts, read 20,799,515 times
First thing I would do is clean the coils on the bottom of the fridge.

I had a fridge I was told it was not repairable. Called a different company guy said the fan is out. $140 bucks....fridge ran like a top for 8 years after that. Finally took a crap where it wasn’t repairable . Well at least not financially worth it as it was 16 years old. So we bought a Maytag. Most recently my 8 year old Maytag stopped cooling.took everything apart, looked online found the tech manual went through the diagnostics, the circuit control board, .....all ok. Still not cooling, compressor was getting hot. Unplugged everything, opened the access hatch, cleaned that, tilted the fridge as best as I could, cleaned a crapton of dust hair etc under the fridge. We did call a repair guy who said all is ok. He did a more thorough cleaning of the coils as he had a helper. $40 for the visit. Plugged it in it’s working great. Replacement would of ran about 3200

Your fridges problem can be as simple as a temperature sensor. There should be a diagnostic panel or a specific sequence on a electronic panel for diagnosis. I would go look into checking all before dropping $12/2500 on a fridge. There is no reason why you can’t repair that fridge cheaper than buying a new one. I would grab the model number and start googling the problem. I guarantee you there is a fix you can probably diy the repair

My buddy.....His new Bosch dish washer was not working and leaking. Was getting ready to get a new one. Told him to researched the issue. I kid you not a .95 cent O-ring on the drain connection was the issue.

Old Yesterday, 02:40 AM

28,982 posts, read 63,153,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sxmfan2018 View Post
i have a samsung fridge that's 6 years old. it's starting to let go ...
i just had the unit recharged not to long ago and here we are having the same issue as well...
thoughts and inputs on this
Sounds like you need a better mechanic than whoever determined that it needed to be 'recharged'

Old Yesterday, 03:46 AM

73,313 posts, read 73,092,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRational View Post
Sounds like you need a better mechanic than whoever determined that it needed to be 'recharged'
if it had to be recharged there is a leak . recharging it won't solve the problem without finding the leak . many times you can't because the leak is not really accessible to get to to fix it .

but the problem is likely the leak is still there .

Old Yesterday, 09:43 AM

2,648 posts, read 5,390,660 times
I've never heard of recharging a refrigerator. If one of mine lost refrigerant I would figure it's for the long drop.

The other obvious check is to make sure the defroster is working.

Old Yesterday, 09:46 AM

73,313 posts, read 73,092,775 times
No different then recharging an ac unit, just different refrigerant .... but it can be somewhat limited to finding leaks because of lack of easy access

Old Yesterday, 11:15 AM

1,179 posts, read 791,922 times
I can't wait until my 6 year old Samsung dies. It is by far the noisiest fridge I ever owned. It has some positives, like it's big and bright and holds temp well, but the rattling, whirring and buzzing drives me up the wall. Never again Samsung!

Old Yesterday, 11:18 AM

563 posts, read 413,637 times
Anything made by Samsung is worse than LG (all products). Period.... Consumer Reports confirm it too.

Old Yesterday, 12:41 PM

6,379 posts, read 7,922,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rational1 View Post
I've never heard of recharging a refrigerator. If one of mine lost refrigerant I would figure it's for the long drop.

The other obvious check is to make sure the defroster is working.
Years ago, I was having a problem with the fridge running constantly but not freezing hard. Learned there was a tube that pulled moisture from the fridge so the freezer would be "frost-free". The tube had become blocked because some people would put leftovers away without covering them so the moisture that went into the tube also contained some fat globules that had clogged said tube.

It's been a long time so I don't remember the particulars, just that we were able to clean out the tube and restored full function to the fridge.

Hope this at least points you in the right direction.

As others have said, if indeed the fridge required recharging, a leak must be the reason. Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or