U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2019, 07:10 PM

83 posts, read 30,860 times

Advertisements

My husband and I need some patio advice, we would like to paint the floors a light gray, but we have earthy tones all over the patio, oranges, browns, etc, we think that if we paint the floors, we would have to paint the fence, but cant decide on the color because we dont know which color would go well with the light gray. This is a project we would like to start working on right away, probably this Friday, so we need your ideas and suggestions. Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Painting patio floors/fence and decorating, need help. PHOTOS provided-patio-3.jpg   Painting patio floors/fence and decorating, need help. PHOTOS provided-patio1.jpg   Painting patio floors/fence and decorating, need help. PHOTOS provided-patio3.jpg   Painting patio floors/fence and decorating, need help. PHOTOS provided-patio4.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2019, 07:45 PM

46,108 posts, read 37,279,096 times
If you decide to paint the stone floor, just paint it a warm gray and you should be fine. I wouldn't worry about the fence one way or the other.

Old 09-09-2019, 08:00 PM

18,226 posts, read 23,576,451 times
Honestly, I think it looks great. All I might do is put some large nice pots at the upright beams and plant some kind of climbing plants like jasmine.

I think it just needs some plants. Go buy some nice banana plants, etc., in really nice pots and call it good.

Maybe add an indoor/outdoor carpet.

But, really, it's really nice as-is. I don't think you need to waste money on anything other than some plants.

Maybe some fairy lights - cool lighting. But, I'm not sure you even need that.

But, I don't see anything wrong with the fence or the flooring - at all.

Old 09-09-2019, 08:32 PM

8,063 posts, read 10,850,322 times
I agree with Kathryn a nice gray and if I did anything to the fence it would be a light white wash, so the weathered fencing would show through. The one thing you should find out before hand is, whatever the paint store suggests go on the pavers, make sure it will withstand the chlorine from the hot tub. We had a hot tub and the concrete pad was bleached out by the steps where you got out and were dripping.
I agree with no more snow, that all the fence really needs is some color and that can be with plants, or decorative items that match you're decor.

Old 09-09-2019, 09:50 PM

12,831 posts, read 49,702,894 times
Do a tan concrete stain on the pavers; stain the fence the same as the pergola.

Everything is in the same color palette- without adding another color.

Old 09-09-2019, 09:53 PM

222 posts, read 45,297 times
That light grey looks atrocious and fake. Leave it the the same tan, and take the fence to the same color as the pergola. Bring colors in with the cushions on the hanging chair or through planters.

Old 09-09-2019, 10:06 PM

7,278 posts, read 4,054,680 times
It would be difficult to paint the fence with those offset boards, and would probably show on the other side too.

Old 09-10-2019, 04:26 AM

993 posts, read 659,974 times
I would leave the fence alone. I also wouldnt paint the pavers, in the long run it will cause a headache and alot of work to keep painting and maintaining. Put down a pretty outdoor rug with shades of Blue. https://www.overstock.com/Home-Garde...or&searchidx=2

Then blue colored pots, you already have the plants, change out the throw pillows to colorful ones with blue in it. It will liven it up and be beautiful. You have a nice back yard.

Old 09-10-2019, 04:46 AM

39,088 posts, read 56,984,868 times
Leave the fence as is. Its natural wood and looks good. If you paint it, it will look like this in a few years and a headache to clean and repaint.
https://blog.fenceauthority.com/wp-c...o-1024x692.jpg

If you insist to paint, I would spray paint it. Faster and easier.

I would probably raise it a bit, so the neighbors wouldn't see you skinny dipping into your whirlpool. Or is that your U-shaped home?
World, Europe, Texas, Corpus Christi, El Paso, Lubbock, Tyler, Houston, San Antonio, Tallahassee, Macon, Duluth, Fish, Home Interior Design and Decorating, Science and Technology Forums

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search
Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old 09-10-2019, 05:25 AM

46,108 posts, read 37,279,096 times
Honestly, I wouldn't paint anything and I'd just change out pots and pillows and add a fun rug.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House