U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 07:46 AM

8,016 posts, read 4,538,485 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBoy3 View Post
I have seen these sprayed painted over for nominal cost.

They are usually there for a reason. They are kind of like a fence. Don't be in a hurry to remove until you study..
Interesting. How did that look? I could see possibly spraying some sort of "texture" over them to conceal them. If it were just paint, wouldn't they still look like acoustic tiles with the metal brackets separating them, albeit a different color?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 12:07 PM

1,182 posts, read 793,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
Interesting. How did that look? I could see possibly spraying some sort of "texture" over them to conceal them. If it were just paint, wouldn't they still look like acoustic tiles with the metal brackets separating them, albeit a different color?
It's still going to look like acoustic tiles no matter what you do to it. There are fancy "decorator" tiles available that can be dropped into the existing grid with very little effort. There's just no way to make it not look like a commercial office space. Just tear it down, fix whatever it's hiding, and be done with it.

Old Yesterday, 02:24 PM

2,651 posts, read 5,393,789 times
I would remove the whole thing, fill all the holes, and paint. Basically an amateur job, not expensive at all.

Old Yesterday, 08:50 PM

3,439 posts, read 1,443,245 times
I always thought if I had that, I'd paint the tracks a metallic color and put cork tiles in.

Old Today, 07:49 AM

8,016 posts, read 4,538,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC refugee View Post
I always thought if I had that, I'd paint the tracks a metallic color and put cork tiles in.
Cool idea; especially if they're stained (these aren't, although they lay a bit unevenly). Love it! Adds a modern touch and improves the appearance without having to install something entirely different,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or