U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2019, 05:15 PM

5,287 posts, read 8,043,387 times

Advertisements

I was wondering, are people misusing the "Quick Wash" cycles on their HE washers, especially those who are used to traditional top loaders? I think this could be partly to blame for the myth that HE washers don't wash as well due to improper usage, since Quick Wash cycles are designed for small, lightly soiled loads. Apparently some just in a hurry not to use the longer Normal or Heavy Duty cycles and are gravitating towards the Quick Wash cycle, leading towards inadequate washing performance for larger loads and hurting the reputation of HE washers. I would never wash my full load of pink shirts on a Quick Wash cycle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2019, 07:24 PM

16,756 posts, read 16,886,482 times
Makes sense, the quick-cycle obviously ain't gunna blast laundry as good.

I mainly wear dark clothes and go to the laundry with clothes that are not that dirty. UGH, the
wash-cycle is usually over 1/2 an hour.....I could get by with that quick-cycle if they had one.

Old 09-13-2019, 08:04 PM

38,973 posts, read 56,831,852 times
If one works in a office, then the clothes don't get really dirty and need to be only quickly washed and refreshed.
Only soiled fabrics need a full cycle wash. Why waste time and water?

Most people are able to decide what cycle they need to wash their laundry. If anything, they overwash their laundry - wash too often and for too long.

Not sure why is that a question or problem.

Also see this:
https://www.fashionrevolution.org/do...e-way-we-care/

According to:
https://laundrapp.com/blog/7-myths-a...eaning-busted/

To re-cap, remember just one thing: your privates and workout clothes SHOULD be washed every time you wear them! The rest can be washed after you’ve worn it several times, e.g. jeans can be worn a few times without washing if they aren’t stained.

I am actually interested in bubble washing machines. EcoBubble mix air bubbles in with the water and detergent which they say gets detergent into the fabric 40% faster allowing lower temperatures to achieve good results using 70% less energy (at 40 degrees).
World, Europe, Texas, Corpus Christi, El Paso, Lubbock, Tyler, Houston, San Antonio, Tallahassee, Macon, Duluth, Fish, Home Interior Design and Decorating, Science and Technology Forums

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search
Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old 09-13-2019, 09:54 PM

14,239 posts, read 20,743,775 times
Quote:
jeans can be worn a few times without washing if they aren’t stained
Jeans can/should be worn a few months before washing.

Old 09-13-2019, 10:59 PM

5,287 posts, read 8,043,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
If one works in a office, then the clothes don't get really dirty and need to be only quickly washed and refreshed.

Most people are able to decide what cycle they need to wash their laundry. If anything, they overwash their laundry - wash too often and for too long.

Also see this:

According to:

To re-cap, remember just one thing: your privates and workout clothes SHOULD be washed every time you wear them! The rest can be washed after youíve worn it several times, e.g. jeans can be worn a few times without washing if they arenít stained.

I am actually interested in bubble washing machines. EcoBubble mix air bubbles in with the water and detergent which they say gets detergent into the fabric 40% faster allowing lower temperatures to achieve good results using 70% less energy (at 40 degrees).
Remember though the size of the load is also important. If you are washing small loads, the quick wash cycle should be fine, but for large loads (particularly if you have a family), you will need a longer cycle to adequately wash the larger amount of clothes.

Old 09-13-2019, 11:05 PM

26,454 posts, read 33,484,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davebarnes View Post
Ewwww.

Old Yesterday, 01:41 AM
Status: "Goodbye Portland, Hello Las Vegas!" (set 26 days ago)

5,941 posts, read 6,128,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post

Also see this:

According to:

To re-cap, remember just one thing: your privates and workout clothes SHOULD be washed every time you wear them! The rest can be washed after youíve worn it several times, e.g. jeans can be worn a few times without washing if they arenít stained.

Thatís kind of what I go for. I wear jeans and shorts two days generally, but socks and underwear one day, same with workout shirts. But I wear workout shorts twice usually - I donít sweat during weight lifting. I rarely sweat in general frankly, but shirts are exposed to more than shorts.

Old Yesterday, 06:59 AM

11,392 posts, read 8,637,501 times
Quote:
Yes ewww. I'm TRYING to set my (usually office) work pants aside for a second wear but it kind of grosses me out. I like my clothes CLEAN when I wear them. After being worn for 10+ hrs, they no longer qualify.
ETA: I use my washer's short- cycle usually. Is about 6 minutes.

Old Yesterday, 07:17 AM

13,543 posts, read 18,098,962 times
Washers do come with manuals.

Old Yesterday, 08:31 AM

10,930 posts, read 5,119,198 times
Quote:
I think it would depend on whether you wear them every day or a few times a week. I probably wear my jeans 10 times before I wash them depending on whether I have been sweating or they are stained.

The only cycle I use the quick wash for is delicates or towels or if my granddaughter's school uniform needs to be washed for the next day and it's not dirty, just a little "moist" from P.E.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or