U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 08:56 AM

509 posts, read 68,045 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kygman View Post
An easier, and safer, ant killer that my parents used for years is plain old corn meal. Ants carry it back to the colony and it kills them all. Plus it's safe if you have any two or four legged "youngsters" running around the house that might get in it. Just put small piles around where you see their trails.
Very interesting recipe! Thank you for mentioning it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 12:39 PM

26,474 posts, read 33,499,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kygman View Post
An easier, and safer, ant killer that my parents used for years is plain old corn meal. Ants carry it back to the colony and it kills them all. Plus it's safe if you have any two or four legged "youngsters" running around the house that might get in it. Just put small piles around where you see their trails.
No. Cornmeal does NOT kill ants. I don’t know why people persist in these old myths.

https://www.peststrategies.com/pest-...nmeal-vs-ants/

Old Today, 01:16 PM

15,319 posts, read 31,877,062 times
You need to check under and around the dishwasher for leaks. It could be the ants are after the moisture. Make sure water isn’t leaking into the inside of the dishwasher door as well.

Old Today, 08:34 PM

1,459 posts, read 1,718,388 times
If you get the Advanced Carpenter Ant bait and sprinkle it near where you have seen them, on the floor, behind the dishwasher, etc, they will find it and consume it and die. They take it to the nest and feed the others with it. When we had them, I put the bait in various locations and this did the trick. I was not able to get rid of them with other types of ant bait (the liquid gel, etc).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or