U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 10:40 PM

26,467 posts, read 33,491,814 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
NO.

Never have, either.

Very many years ago, women's tampons were advertised as being flushable.

Most of us learned unpleasant lessons about such advertising claims then.
Oh ugh. I would never even thought of disposing of them any other way. I mean...good God...that could be a freaking mess!! How would you dispose of them other than flushing??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 10:49 PM

23,616 posts, read 28,773,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Oh ugh. I would never even thought of disposing of them any other way. I mean...good God...that could be a freaking mess!! How would you dispose of them other than flushing??
Wrap in toilet paper and put in the trash. Would you flush a sanitary pad?

Old Yesterday, 11:37 PM

18,731 posts, read 8,490,174 times
Quote:
Take a good look at the photos in the OP's cited article.

Then look in the mirror and repeat after me - "I'm part of the problem".

Wrap tampons up in TP if you don't like looking at them, same as you would do for sanitary pads. Then put them in the trash.

I used to frequently live in old houses with woodstoves. That works too.

Old Yesterday, 11:49 PM

18,914 posts, read 5,008,520 times
No, and we have a septic tank....

Old Yesterday, 11:58 PM

39,923 posts, read 48,454,108 times
Nothing is supposed to go into and down the toilet except what it was designed for, bodily functions.

Many homes on sewer or septic systems get tree roots into them and that will cause a hang up of items in the system and major back-ups.

Old Today, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Wrap in toilet paper and put in the trash. Would you flush a sanitary pad?
Of course not...but if you are a woman, I would think you would understand how different the two can be, when removing them.

Old Today, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Take a good look at the photos in the OP's cited article.

Then look in the mirror and repeat after me - "I'm part of the problem".

Wrap tampons up in TP if you don't like looking at them, same as you would do for sanitary pads. Then put them in the trash.

I used to frequently live in old houses with woodstoves. That works too.

You read much? If you read my response, I not ONLY read the cited article, I added a second one. Don't be such a goof. I am NOT "part of the problem". I'm waaaaayyy past that age.

Old Today, 07:38 AM

769 posts, read 233,724 times
Quote:
Of course not...but if you are a woman, I would think you would understand how different the two can be, when removing them.
I am a woman and I always wrap my tampons (when not using my cup during my cycle) and discard them in the trash instead of flushing them. It's not messy in the least and my hands never touch the tampon itself.

After seeing on several occasions the object example(s) of what happens when women flush tampons down the toilet, it reinforced what I was taught when I first began my cycles, i.e., discard tampons in the trash.

Old Today, 07:50 AM

5,173 posts, read 5,529,110 times
Quote:
I never flush tampons. I've always wrapped them in TP before tossing them in the trash.

And to answer OP's question - I would never flush wipes either. The only things that get flushed are toilet paper and waste.

Quote:
Either way, they have to be touched to be removed so I don't understand the correlation between how they're removed and whether you flush or wrap and toss.

Old Today, 08:50 AM

5,607 posts, read 2,569,963 times
Flush only toilet paper and bodily wastes. Period. No other materials. Ever. And if there's going to be a lot of toilet paper, flush it down in installments.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House