U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old Today, 06:19 AM

12,807 posts, read 49,611,352 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by turf3 View Post
Hi, Cinco!

Welcome back!

You forgot "Synott" also!

Old Today, 07:25 AM

960 posts, read 863,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnley View Post
asbestos and lead
Oh, good grief. You AGAIN?? Either you are just trolling or seriously in need of some valium.

Old Today, 07:28 AM

766 posts, read 233,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K'ledgeBldr View Post
You forgot "Synott" also!
Just pick a Houston area suburb, the misuse of "you're/your," and irrational fears of asbestos, Agent Orange, car exhaust, drywall debris, and illegal immigrants and you know who we're dealing with, right?

Old Today, 07:36 AM

5,787 posts, read 4,976,880 times
Asbestos issues were addressed long before 63 I remember them I was born in 50.

Old Today, 08:28 AM

7,270 posts, read 2,628,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnley View Post
I need to go shopping at Dillardís and I found out the Dillardís department store building was constructed in 1963 and has not been renovated since then. I am concerned about the stores clothing and accessories being contaminated with asbestos and lead dust because when shipments arrive and all the clothing goes through the back of the store where everything is loaded and all the goods are stored I donít believe thatís a clean environment and since the building was constructed in 1963 there is a high probability of asbestos and lead which might possibly contaminate the products being delivered into the store. Inside this Dillardís store is also very old and outdated, the floors even have carpet which looks like itís never been replaced in the last 40 years.

Order online then.

Old Today, 09:18 AM

2,655 posts, read 5,400,598 times
When I go shopping I worry more about being shot by a guy born in 1993 carrying a gun he bought last week.

Old Today, 10:26 AM

22,687 posts, read 14,884,299 times
OP, I think you should acknowledge that you have unusually severe anxiety about things most of us simply do not worry about. Please, seek help for this, because I have to think your anxieties are preventing you from living well.

As a child and into my teens, I shopped in old and aging department stores. I am sure at least some of them had some asbestos in them. Iíve lived 73 years so far.

Asbestos cannot harm you unless it is disturbed. If the store has not been rehabbed, I think you would be fine. And if it had been rehabbed, regulations govern how asbestos is to be safely handled.

Old Today, 10:47 AM

57,427 posts, read 55,640,609 times
Unless asbestos is disturbed, it's not a problem. If it's been in the walls since 1963, it's fine until somebody rips it open.

But if you are that worried about living in a world with toxins, you might need to see a therapist about this anxiety, because they are everywhere.

Old Today, 10:57 AM

4,095 posts, read 1,762,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
Order online then.
But how will I know if the warehouse and post offices are toxin-free?

Oh, and what about the factory?

Old Today, 11:14 AM

6,575 posts, read 3,058,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rational1 View Post
When I go shopping I worry more about being shot by a guy born in 1993 carrying a gun he bought last week.
Ahha! You fear lead poisoning too! As do I ...in the projectile form.

Op: Business's are required to have inspections. They aren't grandfathered thru when it's a public health hazard. If you are genuinely concerned about the welfare of the staff and goods....contact the division of business license. They will be able to further direct you to a person that has the authority to answer your concerns.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or