U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2019, 11:31 PM

25,633 posts, read 24,536,103 times

Advertisements

I didn't realize that he lived there. I'm not going to say anything more about that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 09:52 AM

6,595 posts, read 3,079,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
I guess you've decided that hunting is more important than your dad, eh?

Amen.

Apparently it's not too disruptive to your dad, since he's listening to his music while the work goes on around him. Maybe he enjoys the company, too.

What a heartless, ungrateful post. Improving your loved one's surroundings is never a waste of money.

Methinks the OP is exaggerating. The "mold" in the basement might be just on the cement walls and floor, in which case "remediation" is a bucket of bleach and a scrub brush.
Well said!

He is arguin the addage putting lipstick on pig ...

I've painted rooms in one day. Guess I'm super human...or efficient . Didn't move the furniture either. They have paint cloth drops.

The fumes ...hardly any. Maybe it's because the industry minimizes that.

This dad has one awesome daughter . I like that she cares.

Old Yesterday, 02:21 PM

24,594 posts, read 30,727,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimG2 View Post
Ah, you naysayers... Saturday morning. The weekly bluegrass music is on from 9 til noon. While I was bringing my significant other to work and dog food run, my two sisters showed up with my brother in law..... to paint the living room..... with my dad sitting there.... nothing but a pedestal lamp has been removed from the room.... they are going to try to paint around my dad....

F'd up

My family is nuts

Good thing one sister OD'd and her ashes are buried or she'd be part of it too no doubt.

My dad isn't giving up his weekly bluegrass, while watching tv
they always say that there are x sides to every story. we are here getting your side and i have a feeling that you may not be the most reliable one of the group.

Old Today, 07:32 AM

7,354 posts, read 2,661,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimG2 View Post
I live here. I know better than anyone what my dad does every day, what he eats, when he eats, what he wants to eat. My sister comes up from Philly 4-5 times per year and throws the deck of cards in the air and it takes two weeks after she leaves to recover.

And yes, for HER vanities sake. She has no husband, no boyfriend, no kids. Dad is all she has. But she has been wanting to replace this carpet for 5-6 years. It needs to be replaced, I can't argue against that, but the logistics is a nightmare and she has no clue. I've been project manager on construction projects in excess of $1 million dollars. I know how to coordinate a job. She seems to think schedule carpet for Saturday, paint on Friday and done. I see block out one week to get furniture out, paint, and after another week after that's done is when the carpet guy can fit you in to their schedule. You cannot schedule the carpet guy first....

Ahhh. Yeah...I see where you're coming from.

Is she going to be there with you and your dad when all this is going on? To be honest, the way you're describing things, I have to agree...this is going to be nigh near impossible to pull off with your dad there.

Old Today, 12:06 PM

4,130 posts, read 2,160,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post
I think JimG2 is a guy who comes up with lots of reasons "why not" who has at least a few family members who live life and try to get things done in spite of him.

And it makes him nuts.

I remember the business about the stepson buying a house last year, despite Jim's reasons why not.

I am glad Dad's space is getting a good cleaning and facelift. I am guessing it really needs it. I think even the interruption of his TV is probably good for him and he may enjoy the change of company and scenery. I think there has been plenty of time for TV already, and he'll be back to it in no time.
Oh, now I remember - THAT Jim. :dubious BTW, Jim, since you live there and all, why on earth did you let the house your Dad AND you live in degrade to such a deplorable condition? Seems like with all your construction experience you could have done something before now instead of letting the house go to hades and then coming onto C-D and complaining about the few small things your sister is doing to try and improve your Dad's comfort.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or