U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-29-2019, 10:18 AM
 
Location: The Berk in Denver, CO USA
14,297 posts, read 20,944,718 times
Reputation: 23567

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlady View Post
Well the Austin metro
Try https://www.harwayappliances.com/brands/bosch/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-29-2019, 01:54 PM
 
Location: Southwest Washington State
23,332 posts, read 15,174,703 times
Reputation: 33566
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog_Mom View Post
I bought the LG oven because it was blue inside too! and then I painted my kitchen walls the same color. But the stove gives off so much heat that I get hives when I try to stand at it and cook. I came to this thread wondering if the induction stoves give off less heat.
I have separate cooktop and oven. I canít say that cooktop gives off heat. The oven does not vent into kitchen the way my old (1999) convection oven did, but it does give off some heat. It seems typical to me. My previous non convection oven gave off heat as well.

The induction cooktop only heats pans. The burners get heat from the pots, but they do not get as hot as electric coils do. And they cool quickly when you pull a pot off.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-29-2019, 02:04 PM
 
Location: Southwest Washington State
23,332 posts, read 15,174,703 times
Reputation: 33566
We went looking for appliances in Portland but there are installation issues between the two states, so we went to a local Lowes, where we had bought our LG washer and dryer. The person we bought from seemed to know his stuff. But the installer had quite a time getting the oven in our cabinet. So, salesperson did not know what he should have known after all.

However we have not had issues generally with Lowes. I do know others have. Overall we were treated well. If your local Lowes has poor ratings, then I would avoid.

I am not sure if I saw my cooktop before buying or not. There were only three Bosch models in the size I needed to choose from. I simply chose the middle priced one. But I think if I were buying a stove, I’d want to see it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-29-2019, 05:35 PM
 
Location: Jollyville, TX
3,892 posts, read 9,560,079 times
Reputation: 4497
I have nothing against Lowes and we shop there often, but appliance installation and delivery have been problematic so they would be my last choice.

davebarnes - yes, i know about Harway, thanks.

I saw this one today while doing some more research and started drooling. All of my accessories in my kitchen are orange and this one just blew me away. The Bosch for $3400 would obviously be a better choice if trying to save money.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/bertazz...?skuId=6237772
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-29-2019, 05:47 PM
 
Location: Southwest Washington State
23,332 posts, read 15,174,703 times
Reputation: 33566
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlady View Post
I have nothing against Lowes and we shop there often, but appliance installation and delivery have been problematic so they would be my last choice.

davebarnes - yes, i know about Harway, thanks.

I saw this one today while doing some more research and started drooling. All of my accessories in my kitchen are orange and this one just blew me away. The Bosch for $3400 would obviously be a better choice if trying to save money.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/bertazz...?skuId=6237772
Wow!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-30-2019, 02:15 AM
 
Location: San Antonio, TX
11,248 posts, read 21,098,513 times
Reputation: 26771
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlady View Post

Hedgehog_Mom, do you mean the stovetop or the oven?
I mean the stovetop. This is my first experience with a glass stovetop. I wanted it because it looks nicer and it's easier to clean, but I can't use it. I get my daughter to stand at the stove and cook when something has to be done that way, but she's going to college next year and may not be home much to cook. I've been tempted to buy an induction burner and see if it gives off less heat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-30-2019, 07:09 AM
 
Location: Jollyville, TX
3,892 posts, read 9,560,079 times
Reputation: 4497
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog_Mom View Post
I mean the stovetop. This is my first experience with a glass stovetop. I wanted it because it looks nicer and it's easier to clean, but I can't use it. I get my daughter to stand at the stove and cook when something has to be done that way, but she's going to college next year and may not be home much to cook. I've been tempted to buy an induction burner and see if it gives off less heat.
The induction stovetops don't get hot - only the pan. It's one of the nice features because you never have to worry about food getting burned on to the cooktop surface. I'll let you know after I get mine how it works out!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-30-2019, 10:36 AM
 
Location: Southwest Washington State
23,332 posts, read 15,174,703 times
Reputation: 33566
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog_Mom View Post
I mean the stovetop. This is my first experience with a glass stovetop. I wanted it because it looks nicer and it's easier to clean, but I can't use it. I get my daughter to stand at the stove and cook when something has to be done that way, but she's going to college next year and may not be home much to cook. I've been tempted to buy an induction burner and see if it gives off less heat.
Good idea. Try to find one with a power boost option. Youíll love how fast you can boil water.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-30-2019, 05:54 PM
 
Location: Canada
132 posts, read 278,544 times
Reputation: 190
I bought a freestanding induction range in February. There wasn't a lot of choice in the in our price range. We ended up getting the GE. The Frigidaire one was really cheap feeling, the control panel moved when you pushed on it and the drawer was very flimsy. The Samsung was only available in a slide-in model, which wouldn't work for our kitchen so that is why we ended up with the GE.

I know you don't want a GE but whatever you buy, you will love induction cooking. I love cooking with induction and I am glad I went with induction. It is lovely to cook on, good temperature control and the stove does not throw as much heat as my old coil-top range. Clean-up is a breeze. It is amazing how fast water comes up to a boil.

I did a lot of research before buying ours. Repairs to the induction top can be very expensive so I got the extended warranty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-01-2019, 07:59 AM
 
Location: Jollyville, TX
3,892 posts, read 9,560,079 times
Reputation: 4497
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graycee View Post
I bought a freestanding induction range in February. There wasn't a lot of choice in the in our price range. We ended up getting the GE. The Frigidaire one was really cheap feeling, the control panel moved when you pushed on it and the drawer was very flimsy. The Samsung was only available in a slide-in model, which wouldn't work for our kitchen so that is why we ended up with the GE.

I know you don't want a GE but whatever you buy, you will love induction cooking. I love cooking with induction and I am glad I went with induction. It is lovely to cook on, good temperature control and the stove does not throw as much heat as my old coil-top range. Clean-up is a breeze. It is amazing how fast water comes up to a boil.

I did a lot of research before buying ours. Repairs to the induction top can be very expensive so I got the extended warranty.
Thank you Graycee. I never buy extended warranties, but I had already decided I would with the induction range. Confirms my suspicion that the Frigidaire may not be my best choice even though the price is tempting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top