U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 06:54 AM

39,175 posts, read 57,112,085 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sundog2 View Post
I have looked so much and having difficulty to find a fridge to fit my space, which is 66 inches in height and 33 inches in width. I found a Whirlpool to fit, but the shelves don't adjust. And the bottom freezer fridges have to be ordered online and they don't have an ice maker. My neighbor had to cut her top cabinet about 2 inches in order to get a French Fridge.

Any suggestions are appreciated.
Quote:
I have even gone to a specialty appliance store and they want close to $2,000 for a size that would fit in
It seem to me that $2000 fridge that would fullfill all you expectations isn't really that much money. Spend it and be happy. Or save couple of hundreds and be unhappy. Your choice.
World, Europe, Texas, Corpus Christi, El Paso, Lubbock, Tyler, Houston, San Antonio, Tallahassee, Macon, Duluth, Fish, Home Interior Design and Decorating, Science and Technology Forums

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search
Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 07:03 AM

109 posts, read 21,444 times
rtrt
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
It seem to me that $2000 fridge that would fullfill all you expectations isn't really that much money. Spend it and be happy. Or save couple of hundreds and be unhappy. Your choice.
My air conditioning is out and I am still getting estimates to replace

Old Yesterday, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davebarnes View Post
So, you have a solution.you just donít like the price.

Now, you have an excuse to remodel the kitchen.
I have already installed new tile, but not by choice. And they did not install it correctly

Old Yesterday, 07:41 AM

296 posts, read 69,200 times
Quote:
I have already installed new tile, but not by choice. And they did not install it correctly
Now you have TWO reasons to remodel the kitchen.

Old Yesterday, 09:23 AM

1,698 posts, read 377,404 times
Quote:
I have looked so much and having difficulty to find a fridge to fit my space, which is 66 inches in height and 33 inches in width. I found a Whirlpool to fit, but the shelves don't adjust. And the bottom freezer fridges have to be ordered online and they don't have an ice maker. My neighbor had to cut her top cabinet about 2 inches in order to get a French Fridge.

Any suggestions are appreciated.
This whirlpool bottom freezer might fit. Has an optional ice maker that you can order and have installed.

width: 30
height: 65.5

This is what I just got. It has adjustable shelves...1 is a split adjustable.
I got it when it was on sale..under $1000.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Whirlpoo...WFBW/205084779

Old Yesterday, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
This whirlpool bottom freezer might fit. Has an optional ice maker that you can order and have installed.

width: 30
height: 65.5

This is what I just got. It has adjustable shelves...1 is a split adjustable.
I got it when it was on sale..under $1000.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Whirlpoo...WFBW/205084779

Thank you. The guy at Lowe's showed this to me and told me it does not have an ice-maker.

Old Yesterday, 09:43 AM

1,010 posts, read 667,120 times
Look for a counter depth refrigerator

Old Yesterday, 10:30 AM

22,985 posts, read 15,027,755 times
It seems to me that you will not need the AC until next year at this point. I think I would concentrate on solving the fridge problem. You have a few options:

Get old fridge repaired, even though it is likely expensive

Buy fridge that fits, paying a premium price, and giving up automatic ice maker

Modify your kitchen and buy the fridge you want

So, which solution hurts the least? Which solution makes the most sense long term? Which solution can you afford?

Old Yesterday, 10:55 AM

12,866 posts, read 49,793,964 times
Quote:
Thank you. The guy at Lowe's showed this to me and told me it does not have an ice-maker.

Well, that just goes to prove- do your due diligence. As clearly stated on the link, an ice maker can be added.

Old Yesterday, 10:59 AM

12,866 posts, read 49,793,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cp102 View Post
Look for a counter depth refrigerator

Manufacturers that offer fridges in "counter depth" configurations are always taller than regular fridges to maintain the average cubic footage.

So, not exactly helping the op.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or