U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 10:46 AM

10,967 posts, read 10,475,304 times

Advertisements

We've barely had our front loader washer for five years, and already it is not drying satisfactorily, even on high. We clean out the filter after each use too. Meanwhile, our old Frigidaires were 14 years old (purchased as wedding gift) when they were finally retired and they continued to dry well.

The latest issue involves a black stainless over the range micro that is not even a year old. Already a sensor is failing and requires replacement that involves removal of the micro.

The ONLY things made by Samsung that have held up are their TVS, which we are very pleased with.

Anyone have any similar issues with Samsung?

Lesson learned, next time we're going to buy Maytag or Whirlpool, but I'll give it to Samsung, they are sleek and stylish.

Old Yesterday, 11:07 AM

7,245 posts, read 4,305,317 times
I have a whole kitchen suite of Samsung Applicances. So far, I like the fridge, range, and dishwasher. The microwave looks crooked to me (confirmed they all look like this at Lowe's), but it works.

I think it's the luck of the draw.

I purchased an Amana (Whirlpool) Washer/Dryer set two years ago. The washer failed randomly and the dryer's on its way out. Replaced the washer with a nicer Maytag (also Whirlpool) and am hoping for the best.

What I have seen is that Samsung appliances have median reliability ratings. The difficulty is that because everything is sourced from South Korea that repair is expensive.

Old Yesterday, 11:20 AM

7,245 posts, read 4,305,317 times
Side note, maybe you should get your dryer vent looked at. It might be clogged or have too much lint in it.

Old Yesterday, 11:36 AM
Status: "Don't get confused between my personality " (set 2 days ago)

39,293 posts, read 57,229,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
Side note, maybe you should get your dryer vent looked at. It might be clogged or have too much lint in it.
Yes. Probably this. ^^^
I have several Samsung appliances incl. phone and they are top notch quality in my opinion. Some of them are 10+ years old and still working perfectly. Bad apples happens to the best brands. Sorry it happened to you.
World, Europe, Texas, Corpus Christi, El Paso, Lubbock, Tyler, Houston, San Antonio, Tallahassee, Macon, Duluth, Fish, Home Interior Design and Decorating, Science and Technology Forums

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search
Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old Yesterday, 11:37 AM

1,634 posts, read 612,726 times
When redoing the kitchen, I originally ordered all Maytag appliances. Unfortunately, when the appliances were delivered, there wasn’t room for the Maytag fridge in the existing space. I had to buy a fridge that fit and the Samsung was the only one that fit with a deli drawer, which I like.

The ice maker stopped working about six months later. The fridge is not roomy and if there is no room in the door, a bottle of juice has to go in sideways. The Maytag appliances are working great, and they all have ten year warranties. Not happy with Samsung, I had a Samsung fridge in a previous house and didn’t like that one either.

Old Yesterday, 12:34 PM

8,003 posts, read 3,434,801 times
My current house was updated, remodeled, and outfitted with a suite of Samsung appliances in 2012. There were no complaints/repair records noted by the previous owners and they still work fine now. Guess appliances are sort of like life: @%$# happens.

Old Yesterday, 12:39 PM

32,826 posts, read 20,771,135 times
We had Samsung appliances before and NO problems. Are new house came with all kitchenaid and EVERY one has had a repair in the last 5 years. The (upgraded) fridge is a total right off had multiple repairs, and currently there are 3 things wrong with it.

I think it is the luck of the draw, and there is a reason why these high ticket items only have a 1 year warranty.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs

Old Yesterday, 12:53 PM

1,030 posts, read 792,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riaelise View Post
We've barely had our front loader washer for five years, and already it is not drying satisfactorily, even on high. We clean out the filter after each use too. Meanwhile, our old Frigidaires were 14 years old (purchased as wedding gift) when they were finally retired and they continued to dry well.

The latest issue involves a black stainless over the range micro that is not even a year old. Already a sensor is failing and requires replacement that involves removal of the micro.

The ONLY things made by Samsung that have held up are their TVS, which we are very pleased with.

Anyone have any similar issues with Samsung?

Lesson learned, next time we're going to buy Maytag or Whirlpool, but I'll give it to Samsung, they are sleek and stylish.

That is probably still covered under the warranty so you may want to contact Samsung.

Old Yesterday, 04:46 PM

7,358 posts, read 4,092,179 times
Have you had the lint cleaned out of the exhaust pipe? It could be that and not the dryer.

Old Yesterday, 05:00 PM

599 posts, read 437,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
I have a whole kitchen suite of Samsung Applicances. So far, I like the fridge, range, and dishwasher. The microwave looks crooked to me (confirmed they all look like this at Lowe's), but it works.

I think it's the luck of the draw.

I purchased an Amana (Whirlpool) Washer/Dryer set two years ago. The washer failed randomly and the dryer's on its way out. Replaced the washer with a nicer Maytag (also Whirlpool) and am hoping for the best.

What I have seen is that Samsung appliances have median reliability ratings. The difficulty is that because everything is sourced from South Korea that repair is expensive.
Up until a couple weeks ago we had an LG fridge and everything else Samsung... all replacements for the builder grade Maytag crap that came in the house. Samsung dishwasher was very quiet, but never dried right, steam dripped down the front badly, and it started having draining problems at about 6 years. We replaced that with an LG that's even quieter in real use (even tho the specs say the Samsung was quieter).

Based on the strength of the last generation LG Linear Compressor fridge and the new dishwasher, we just bought a whole house full of LG for the retirement house. Laundry as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House