U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2021, 05:56 AM

1,538 posts, read 3,522,727 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by penlady61 View Post
My beef is the smooth top stove that thing does not cook right and you have to clean it all the time . Now dont get me wrong I love to clean and keep things neat . But everytime after you cook on it you have to clean it . I wonder if this is why some manufacturers are no longer going to be making the smooth top stoves ? Im going to have a gas stove in my retirement home because I love gas easier and cleaner and you can still cook when electricity goes out . I would not recommend a smooth top stove .
I had a glass top stove in my house in Savannah and didn't mind it. the one I have in my apartment is a PITA!!! the Large burners are in front and quite honestly are too large. I have a large wok that has a flat bottom and it isn't wide enough to use on the large burner. The 2 smaller burners are almost too small. it is constantly filmy, dirty. I clean it with the appropriate cleaners, film appears. I'm over the stove. The oven is conduction and I have to watch temperatures and baking times carefully usually set 5 degrees lower than called for and a minute sooner than the earlier baking time. I like soft chocolate chip cookies and set the timer for 7 minutes and 45 seconds. they are crisp at 8 minutes....
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2021, 05:58 AM

1,538 posts, read 3,522,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NORTY FLATZ View Post
Double oven…
oooooooooooo my dream stove!!!!

Old 08-31-2021, 10:10 AM

6,953 posts, read 7,988,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
Please! Belgian red neck class. It’s brewed in Leuven, Belgium. The Brits drink it and it was the wife beater beer of choice there until they reduced the ABV for the UK version from 5.2% to below 5% a decade ago. 1664 is the red neck beer in France. Brewed by Kronenbourg. A really watery lager from Alsace and the #1 selling beer in France by far.

Is that like Lone Star beer in Texas? Boy does that stuff suck.

Old 08-31-2021, 10:20 AM

6,953 posts, read 7,988,405 times
Quote:
Or, you can save even more money, by buying 2 separate units. The gas lines are quite simple, actually. Maybe I should post up a pic of the hoods?

EDIT~ There's no way in Hell, I'd not hide the electrical for the hoods. This guy is a bit of a "redneck." As you can tell...

Hey, thanks for that pic...yeah, I have discovered that I really need a hood. I have a high shelf that runs along the whole wall, that I use for storage for less frequently needed items. Stuff is getting grimy, oily residue on it.

I'm a bit 'redneck-y' myself sometimes, might go to the trouble of hiding the cords, might not. The older I get, the less I care, as long as it works.

I've actually found that professional/commercial kitchen ranges can be had at very reasonable prices, much less expensive than the consumer models I *was* looking at. They look utilitarian rather than fancy, but I'm OK with that. I'm not trying to impress anyone with how the stove looks, I just like to make good food.

Old 08-31-2021, 11:58 AM

7,448 posts, read 8,433,479 times
I absolutely love my Kitchen Aid appliances. A little over two years ago, my dishwasher died. Replaced it with a Kitchen Aid for no other reason than I liked the way it looked and it was on sale. And I loved it. So when our refrigerator died about a year later, I replaced it with a Kitchen Aid. And I love the fridge even more than the dishwasher. We just remodeled the kitchen a few months ago anr replaced the remaining appliances with Kitchen Aid.

I prefer gas cooktops and electric ovens. So if I were to do a range, I would do dual fuel. We have double wall ovens (electric) and a seperate cook top.

Old 08-31-2021, 12:34 PM

7,814 posts, read 5,240,987 times
We have a Cafe induction range that is awesome! It is faster than gas an the glass top is a breeze to clean, because food doesn’t bake on.

Old 08-31-2021, 05:19 PM

3,411 posts, read 4,840,627 times
Have a glass top GE profile range. Been fine, love the convection oven , it is 20 years old. Kitchen Aid DW , mid-level and it has been fine as well. Refrig. has been the PITA. We needed counter depth in white and didn't have much choice in brands. The GE didn't last long and the Whirlpool had all kinds of problems which involved getting GE to replace the freezer door after a long battle. It has the water and ice in the door which I dislike and won't want again.

Old 09-04-2021, 08:31 AM

23 posts, read 9,060 times
Thank you everyone.

Old 09-06-2021, 12:36 PM

539 posts, read 146,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlelou View Post
I had a glass top stove in my house in Savannah and didn't mind it. the one I have in my apartment is a PITA!!! the Large burners are in front and quite honestly are too large. I have a large wok that has a flat bottom and it isn't wide enough to use on the large burner. The 2 smaller burners are almost too small. it is constantly filmy, dirty. I clean it with the appropriate cleaners, film appears. I'm over the stove. The oven is conduction and I have to watch temperatures and baking times carefully usually set 5 degrees lower than called for and a minute sooner than the earlier baking time. I like soft chocolate chip cookies and set the timer for 7 minutes and 45 seconds. they are crisp at 8 minutes....

you must have had one of the first smooth tops then because this one is a PITA indeed and cleaning after every cooking on it gets old real quick ugh !! nope gas for me from now on .

Old 09-07-2021, 11:54 AM

37,701 posts, read 67,327,429 times
Quote:
There's no way in Hell, I'd not hide the electrical for the hoods. This guy is a bit of a "redneck." As you can tell...
Maybe not a redneck, but definitely a DDIYer - Don't Do It Yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House