Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2022, 08:24 AM

14,303 posts, read 11,692,440 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
A German manual meat grinder with cookies attachment. Love the cookie attachment - it makes great tea biscuits. It also has sausages attachment. I make my own and it comes very handy to me.
I understand the sausages but how on earth does a meat grinder make cookies?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2022, 08:34 AM

24,529 posts, read 10,846,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saibot View Post
Classic spritz cookies.

Old 11-14-2022, 08:40 AM

2,103 posts, read 1,932,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhpartridge View Post
My Mouli. They are nearly impossible to find in the U. S. I got my previous one on a trip to Canada and it is nearly worn out. My new one a few years ago was a gift that was purchased on EBay. I haven't seen one to buy anywhere else.
After reading your post, I searched for Mouli and found that it is available for purchase here for $29.50

https://tinyurl.com/yyr8c24w

It seems like a nifty grater. I may consider getting one myself.

I have turned into a kitchen gadget freak after moving to a new home with large kitchen/utility/dining room cabinets, kitchen island and countertop.

I use the stove and oven very rarely since they are energy hogs and heat up the house in the summer. For my daily cooking, I use two induction cooktops, two microwave ovens, a toaster oven and an air fryer/grill combo.

The air fryer/grill combo (Ninja FG551 Foodi Smart XL 6-in-1 Indoor Grill with Air Fry, Roast, Bake, Broil & Dehydrate, Smart Thermometer) has been my favorite appliance since buying it last year.

https://www.amazon.com/Ninja-FG551-D.../dp/B089TQ82WT

Last edited by BellaDL; 11-14-2022 at 09:01 AM..

Old 11-14-2022, 08:49 AM

4,383 posts, read 4,235,798 times
I stand corrected on the Mouli availability. Perhaps they came back on the market, because ten years ago, I just couldn't find one.

I mostly use it for cheese, but also cabbage, carrots and other vegetables. I have used it for bread crumbs. I have a couple of the hand-held ones, but as I age, I'm losing my grip and can't bear down as much as I need to.

I love my Mouli!

Old 11-14-2022, 09:06 AM

61,694 posts, read 87,101,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saibot View Post
Meat grinder doesn't make meat, nor make cookies.
You feed it a cookie dough and use cookie attachment:
Here you can see the attachment (fits most manual and electric grinders) and detailed instruction:

https://www.amazon.com/kaiwern-Attac...p_s_a_1_2_sspa
Those cookies are called spritz cookies. You can make delicious churros using it too.

https://www.theomaway.com/desserts/g...hentic-recipe/
https://grabandgorecipes.com/moms-spritz-cookies/

Last edited by elnina; 11-14-2022 at 09:26 AM..

Old 11-14-2022, 09:24 AM

520 posts, read 600,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhpartridge View Post
I stand corrected on the Mouli availability. Perhaps they came back on the market, because ten years ago, I just couldn't find one.

I mostly use it for cheese, but also cabbage, carrots and other vegetables. I have used it for bread crumbs. I have a couple of the hand-held ones, but as I age, I'm losing my grip and can't bear down as much as I need to.

I love my Mouli!
I have something along the same lines, except it's a Zyliss stand alone drum grater. I find it so much easier than a standard box grater and I can save my fingers.

Old 11-14-2022, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Meat grinder doesn't make meat, nor make cookies.
You feed it a cookie dough and use cookie attachment:
Here you can see the attachment (fits most manual and electric grinders) and detailed instruction:
I didn't think it actually made the cookie dough.

I'm familiar with spritz too, but we used to make them by squirting bits of dough directly onto the cookie sheet. Now I see what the grinder does; it makes a rope of dough that you can then make into shapes and place on the sheet. Those look nice, like the butter cookies bought in tins (but I'm sure they are better).

Old 11-14-2022, 11:54 AM

32,643 posts, read 48,015,234 times
Specialty? Does a four mill count? A meat grinder?

My son, who is a coffee fanatic, has special coffee making stuff.

I need to cook gluten-free so I make my own flour blend. By grinding ingredients myself, I save a lot of money, plus, I can get rice flour really finely ground so it doesn't bake up with a texture like Styrofoam.

I bought that beer thing that is supposed to make canned beer taste like tap beer and that was a huge waste of money. (as seen on Shark Tank )

Old 11-14-2022, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
Specialty? Does a flour mill count? A meat grinder?

My son, who is a coffee fanatic, has special coffee making stuff.

I need to cook gluten-free so I make my own flour blend. By grinding ingredients myself, I save a lot of money, plus, I can get rice flour really finely ground so it doesn't bake up with a texture like Styrofoam.

I bought that beer thing that is supposed to make canned beer taste like tap beer and that was a huge waste of money. (as seen on Shark Tank )
Of course a flour mill counts! Most people don't have/want one of those. My in-laws did have one, but they ground wheat and it came out very heavy and coarse. Maybe that's how they liked it. Your rice flour sounds better to me. I like to use it in shortbread (along with wheat flour) because that makes it more crisp. Never thought of grinding my own, though!

Old 11-14-2022, 01:54 PM

4,186 posts, read 3,399,821 times
We have a flour mill, too. I use it for grain mixes with rye, wheat, oat, for breadmaking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House