Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which faucet temperature convention do you prefer?
Back-hot, forward-cold 8 72.73%
Back-cold, forward-hot 3 27.27%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2022, 11:52 AM

18,468 posts, read 31,624,300 times

Advertisements

I didn't really "get" this pull down, lever thing etc.

but, here in the office, I just went to the kitchen and had to fill my watering can, then it hit me.
Oh, this is what he was talking about.

The faucet we have, is pull down, and the cold is the lever pushed to the back, the hot to the front.
I looked to see what brand it was, but was not able to see what it was, and the woman that designed our new kitchen (less than 2 years) is no longer here, so I can't ask her.
The faucet does pull down ( love it) and it is a brushed nickel, like a dull gray, but really nice and the water that comes out has a nice flow and sound, maybe like a good aerator to make it that way, I dont know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2022, 11:57 AM

8,590 posts, read 12,338,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Jazz View Post
And why is this bad? I have the legal right to know what are people's preferences. You should keep out of this thread if you have a problem with it, because it is your problem and not mine.
Legal right to know? I don't think so.

Old 12-19-2022, 06:09 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,844,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Jazz View Post
I was wondering, which convention for temperature do you prefer for pulldown kitchen faucets, back-hot and forward-cold, or the opposite? Moen and Kohler usually follow the former, while Delta usually follows the latter, although it depends on which way the installer hooked up the supply lines. I was surprised to learn there is no universal industry-standard convention for pulldown kitchen faucets that have the handle on the side.

I prefer the former. We usually like to keep our kitchen faucet on hot, and it just seems nicer to have the handle standing up in the hot position. From what I also heard, there are safety reasons for having that convention as well, since natural reflexes would pull the handle forward for cold in an emergency.
I had mine installed (and purchased it for this reason) so that my HOT is to the right and COLD is to the left—
Not front and back…
Much more sensible and easy to remember

Old 12-19-2022, 07:57 PM

7,708 posts, read 5,449,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
I had mine installed (and purchased it for this reason) so that my HOT is to the right and COLD is to the left—
Not front and back…
Much more sensible and easy to remember
Don't you mean hot on the left and cold on the right?

If not, prepare for your houseguests to be confused at the least and possibly scalded at the worst.

Old 12-19-2022, 09:11 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,844,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFBayBoomer View Post
Don't you mean hot on the left and cold on the right?

If not, prepare for your houseguests to be confused at the least and possibly scalded at the worst.
Wrong pontificator…
Been installed two years
No issues like that
People learn when you tell them
Kitchen faucet w/pull down faucet head

Old 12-20-2022, 07:46 AM

2,451 posts, read 3,213,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrah View Post
Legal right to know? I don't think so.
You haven't received you subpoena yet?

Old 12-21-2022, 09:05 PM

17,708 posts, read 29,804,344 times
Pull forward and blue tinted water is dispensed.
Go back and pink tinted water…
Watch your friends and family freak out.

Old 12-22-2022, 02:15 PM

23,270 posts, read 18,787,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davebarnes View Post
Pull forward and blue tinted water is dispensed.
Go back and pink tinted water…
Watch your friends and family freak out.
Most of my single handle faucets have had a super simple water temperature indicator band incorporated into the lever. Turn the lever to hot, the band shows red. Turn it to cold, it's blue. No fancy electronics or batteries required and its pretty idiot proof.

Old 12-22-2022, 02:32 PM

7,327 posts, read 12,329,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post
Most of my single handle faucets have had a super simple water temperature indicator band incorporated into the lever. Turn the lever to hot, the band shows red. Turn it to cold, it's blue. No fancy electronics or batteries required and its pretty idiot proof.
Moen has recently introduced the Moen Haelyn ColorCue, a pull-down kitchen faucet with a hydroelectric powered temperature LED indicator. No batteries or external power required.

Old 12-22-2022, 07:59 PM

17,708 posts, read 29,804,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post
Most of my single handle faucets have had a super simple water temperature indicator band incorporated into the lever. Turn the lever to hot, the band shows red.
Not referring to indicator bands.
Colored water according to temperature.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House