Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2023, 04:26 PM

1 posts, read 3,751 times

Advertisements

Montessori room arrangement for my child

Hello everyone! Last months I was thinking about how to arrange my little angle’s room. As far as I see, there should be a lot of furniture to build up a good base for it. I don’t want to buy IKEA stuff, because I’m a Montessori mother. I made a research on the companies where I could buy all the neccessary things and on the marketplace there’re not many alternatives (someone just sells pikler triangles, someone sells the shelves and etc) So, I came across WoodandHearts website and those guys have piklers, tables, shelves, chairs and so on. I’m thinking to make a great order from them. Do you know anything about this company? Any comments or reviews?
P.S. I noticed that WoodandHearts manufactures their product in Ukraine and I would to support them during the War
P.P.S. Is there anybody else fond of Motnessori at home / Montessori education materials? Maybe we can exchange some knowledge
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2023, 04:53 PM

30,395 posts, read 21,215,773 times
No clue what it is and never heard of it.

Old 01-11-2023, 10:55 AM

3,934 posts, read 2,184,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edemkacar View Post

Hello everyone! Last months I was thinking about how to arrange my little angle’s room. As far as I see, there should be a lot of furniture to build up a good base for it. I don’t want to buy IKEA stuff, because I’m a Montessori mother. I made a research on the companies where I could buy all the neccessary things and on the marketplace there’re not many alternatives (someone just sells pikler triangles, someone sells the shelves and etc) So, I came across WoodandHearts website and those guys have piklers, tables, shelves, chairs and so on. I’m thinking to make a great order from them. Do you know anything about this company? Any comments or reviews?
P.S. I noticed that WoodandHearts manufactures their product in Ukraine and I would to support them during the War
P.P.S. Is there anybody else fond of Motnessori at home / Montessori education materials? Maybe we can exchange some knowledge
Make sure the trees are not from Chernobyl - not sure how would you do that though…

Old 01-11-2023, 10:56 AM

3,934 posts, read 2,184,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edemkacar View Post

Make sure the trees are not from Chernobyl - not sure how would you do that though…

IMO - just taking them to playgrounds, parks, museums, libraries could be better.

Do you really believe that a certain type of furniture will influence your child development the way you want? (The marketing is too cultish IMO)
It is your money and your child though..

There are reviews on Amazon. You may get more information there.

Old 01-17-2023, 10:13 AM

14,267 posts, read 6,947,966 times
I had to look up piklers. Looks like things to climb on. Did you know that kids will climb on anything? Chairs, tables, sofas etc

I wouldn't buy from a Ukranian company now. If you order matching pieces of furniture and all the pieces are not available at the time you order, you may never get the missing piece.

Old 04-08-2024, 07:08 AM

1 posts, read 615 times
Lightbulb Montessori inspired space

I haven't personally heard of WoodandHearts, but it's awesome that you're considering supporting a company that manufactures its products locally, especially during these challenging times. Supporting local businesses, especially during difficult periods like the current situation in Ukraine, is a great way to contribute positively.

As for Montessori furniture, I recently got some pieces from ChildUniverse [url]https://child-universe.com/collections/montessori-furniture[/url], and I must say I'm super impressed with the quality. Their furniture is top-notch, and it's been a fantastic addition to our Montessori-inspired home.

Old 04-08-2024, 07:31 AM

7,319 posts, read 4,115,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L00k4ward View Post

IMO - just taking them to playgrounds, parks, museums, libraries could be better.

Do you really believe that a certain type of furniture will influence your child development the way you want? (The marketing is too cultish IMO)
It is your money and your child though..

There are reviews on Amazon. You may get more information there.
I saw LOOK4ward isn't a member. I hope he/she comes back!

As for the above - playgrounds parks, museum, libraries are all better.

You should try to socialize your child as much as possible meaning get him/her out in the world. Fresh air is important

Old 04-08-2024, 07:38 AM

22,558 posts, read 47,614,734 times
The OP hasn't been back in 15 months...

Old 04-08-2024, 10:36 AM

7,319 posts, read 4,115,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
The OP hasn't been back in 15 months...
Gosh, you're right!

Old 04-08-2024, 12:16 PM

5,573 posts, read 6,498,880 times
And they were a "one post wonder....."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House