U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2008, 08:03 AM

214 posts, read 1,234,298 times

Advertisements

The past 2 or 3 days I have found several small tiny (very tiny-maybe a few mm long) in my kitchen. I can see that they are getting in somehow from the back door leading out to our porch. They are pretty much dead when I find them because we get our house sprayed every month for bugs. They appear to me to look like very tiny little roaches. They seem to fly (at least it looks like it when I see them outside on our kitchen door) I can also see several half-dead ones outside near our kitchen door. (gotta love that bug spray the pest guy uses)
I was just wondering if anyone else has these and knows what I am talking about. I live in Georgia but am fairly new to the area and not sure if this is just a regular occurance this time of year like ladybugs are a certain time of year. I found 17 of them this morning (all dead) around my door. That was a little too many for my liking. We are actually closing on our house this week so I won't have to worry about this much longer but don't want to leave a house full of tiny roaches to the new people!

Last edited by mamamarie; 06-09-2008 at 08:05 AM.. Reason: added info
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2008, 10:40 AM

1 posts, read 48,990 times
I'm in Texas and actually have had a similar problem. Small, roach-like bugs - they certainly run like roaches when the lights go on. Unfortunately, mine aren't ever dead. The same fogger I've always used to get rid of fleas, ants and roaches doesn't seem to touch these little guys. I find dead roaches here and there, but the little buggers are still running around - spraying them directly is the only thing I've found to help.

Old 07-22-2008, 11:15 AM

2,240 posts, read 6,989,717 times
Hmmm...don't know about looking like roaches. I have small ones that can "fly"/jump and at first I thought they were like fleas but a bug guy came and told me they were Spring Tales which come from weeds and they like water, thus why I find them in my bathtub and they are seasonal.
Have someone come check it out for you!

Old 07-22-2008, 06:01 PM

69 posts, read 790,683 times
Can you post a photo of them? That might help the right person determine what they are.

Old 07-23-2008, 07:36 AM

5,384 posts, read 6,896,560 times
I think I have these and I am in NY... I was just complaining about them to my mother yesterday. If they come from a field then that explains a lot and they like to hang out under my dogs water dish. I they like to crawl along my base boards on the floor. I hate them. I have only found a few in the past few weeks... we had some remodling done and I think they came in while we did that... I have done a search on the internet several times to figure out what they are but I can't find them.

Old 07-23-2008, 02:58 PM

4,281 posts, read 6,726,164 times
Sounds just like Springtails which are harmless to humans.

Here's a site that might help:

springtail control, Springtail Control, SPRINGTAIL CONTROL, springtail control, Springtail Control, SRPINGTAIL CONTROL, springtails, Springtails, SPRINGTAILS, SPRING TAIL CONTROL, spring tail control, springtail infestation, Springtail Infestation, S

Old 07-23-2008, 03:29 PM

8,424 posts, read 24,265,347 times
Baby roaches cant fly. They dont have wings. If you spray while a roach is in an egg case you have to rotate the type of poison you fog with next time.

Why not save one and ask the bug guy you have?

Old 08-12-2010, 01:19 AM

1 posts, read 38,702 times
little roaches in the microwave...how do I get rid of them?

Old 08-12-2010, 09:39 AM

15,819 posts, read 32,017,476 times
Those are Rokulundus Caridbidas. Try to catch them alive. The dead ones are not as good. Heat up some Hollywood safflower oil in a frying pan set on medium high, add about 100 -200 of your little guys, and stir in some Lawry's seasoned salt and just a pinch of brown sugar. Continue stirring for about 45 seconds and then drain them on paper towels. The best snack you will ever have. Tastes like chicken.

Do nto use any that have been poisoned though. They will not tase good at all.

Old 08-12-2010, 11:32 AM

43,017 posts, read 49,727,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
Those are Rokulundus Caridbidas. Try to catch them alive. The dead ones are not as good. Heat up some Hollywood safflower oil in a frying pan set on medium high, add about 100 -200 of your little guys, and stir in some Lawry's seasoned salt and just a pinch of brown sugar. Continue stirring for about 45 seconds and then drain them on paper towels. The best snack you will ever have. Tastes like chicken.

Do nto use any that have been poisoned though. They will not tase good at all.
Stop! Although VERY funny, someone might actually try it! :
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House