U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Unread 06-21-2008, 01:06 PM

38 posts, read 250,678 times
Default Question About Carpet Pad/Cushion:

I have a carpet pad that has a net covering on one side.

I've looked for answers online and can't find what should be a simple answer and I can't figure this out in a logical way. Duh for me, I guess. All of the info talks about slick membranes or waffle faces. My pad is rebond with a netted side.

"Which side of the carpet pad faces the floor- net side or smooth side?" So, if the net side faces the floor then the smooth side faces the back of the carpet.

Hope someone has experience with this. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 06-22-2008, 04:43 PM

282 posts, read 786,642 times
Default Mine had net facing up.

I just ripped out some carpeting, and the net side of the pad was on top; I'm assuming it was installed correctly!

Unread 06-22-2008, 05:43 PM

3,508 posts, read 7,886,522 times
what I've found interesting, is everytime I need to know how to do something, or make sure I'm doing it right, I go to youtube. Type in what you want to know in the search engine and there's always a video on it. home depot even has videos on youtube...kinda neat

Unread 06-23-2008, 07:38 AM

38 posts, read 250,678 times

Thank you for helping me out. I appreciate it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House