Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2008, 06:19 AM

5,615 posts, read 14,789,899 times

Advertisements

As long as it was cleaned up and all evidence is gone I really don't care because I don't believe in ghosts or anything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2008, 07:09 AM

Location: Wandering the halls aimlessly...Hello? Is anyone there?
307 posts, read 455,320 times
Funny you should mention ghosts...lol. I was a non believer like you. If You'll give me a few minutes of your time, I'll tell you about my incident involving the dearly departed.

I was assigned to perform maintenance on Aircraft 205. We had it it parked out in Tango Row because the next day it was supposed to have explosives loaded on it. Tango row was located a good distance from the main flightline where all the other aircraft are parked.

I was advised that a pre flight Inspection would need to be performed prior to flight and that I should fix anything I could while out there. I was also advisd that a civilian technician would be out at my location to sign off the red x and 7 level conditions.

I was dropped off and started doing my exterior inspection. It was quiet ( I worked the night shift and loved it because it was a whole lot cooler at night then during the day) and checked everything I was supposed to.

Prior to putting auxillary power on the aircraft I have to check the Hydraulic fluid levels, so I walked inside the pitch dark aircraft, illuminated only by the rays of lights shining on the aircraft from the nearby flood lights. As I walked up into the cargo compartment, I glanced into the flight station and saw someone going through the forms. I assumed it was my co worker even though I didnt hear the remarkable sound of the diesel step van pull up.

I told him that I was going to check the fluid levels and he just rasied his hand which I took as a form of acknowledgement. I went back and shined the light on the gauge and yelled to my co worker that the level was acceptable. Not getting a response I walked back to the flight station and as I was doing so, heard the forms ruffling like he was still looking through them.

As I stepped onto the ladder I felt a very cold and unmistakeable feeling rush through my body. I also noticed that the person looking through the forms was gone. Thinking this odd, I went to the forms and looked at them. there in the forms was an annotation about unusual noises heard and flight. The red x had been cleared because they could not duplicate it on the ground.

While thinking this to be odd, I walked outside the aircraft and made several sweeps looking for my coworker, but no one was there. Since the terminal was so far away, I wondered if he went to use the restroom in a nearby field. Nothing.

Well while sitting there dumbfounded, the maintenace van roles up and out jumps my civilian counterpart, tool box in hand. He was not the guy I saw in the flightstation looking through the forms.

When he saw my face he gave no reaction at all. He asked me what was wrong and after some coaxing I told him.

Apparently these aircraft have a long and sordid history carrying troops, both alive and dead back from Vietnam. This particular aircraft has had two maintenance people die while performing maintenance and the history of loud noises being heard in flight. Much like someone banging on the side of the fueselage. When it hits the ground, they can find nothing mechanically wrong with it. I am not the only one that has seen this person looking through the forms.

Understand that I had no knowledge of this information prior to working on this aircraft, so I couldnt psyche myself out. It was a ghost honestly and truly and I saw it. No Im not nuts, but sometimes things happen and cant be explained away.

So to answer your original question, the answer would be no. Bad things happened and as such leave a bad aura behind. Hence the feeling of dread or sadness one feels from time to time without explanation.

It actually happened.

Brrrrrrrrr....goosepimples (or goosebumps)
Winter

Old 07-25-2008, 07:55 AM

20,958 posts, read 45,392,902 times
I grant you that places have "feelings" associated with them sometimes. However, karma is, by definition, the consequences to a person of that person's actions (usually in a previous lifetime). Thus, again, unless the house caused the murder by its actions (highly unlikely), it can't have karma, by definition.

Ghosts, maybe. However, I've never really gotten the fear of ghosts - again, by definition, scary and highly inaccurate movies aside, what are they going to be able to do to you any more than a tape playing over and over again would?

Old 07-25-2008, 08:30 AM

Location: Wandering the halls aimlessly...Hello? Is anyone there?
307 posts, read 455,320 times
My belief is really quite simple actually. Karma to me means what goes around comes around. Be a good person in life and it will revisit you threefold. Be a bad person in life and your legacy will remain upon your death whether normal or otherwise to wander till someone finds away to grant you peace. Sometimes there is a message or final task to be completed before they can rest I guess. Thats way beyond my scope of understanding though.

Nonetheless, I know what I saw, felt and experienced. Although it wasnt a house, it still happened. Im curious to see what feelings I would experience in Joan Benoits house (hopefully I spelled it correctly). Thats a house that hides many secrets.

Old 07-25-2008, 08:35 AM

20,958 posts, read 45,392,902 times
Oh, I absolutely believe you that it happened. What's puzzling me (can't quite get it clear from your tale) - was there writing in the log that wasn't there before, and was it still there when you went and looked later?

Old 07-25-2008, 08:36 AM

2,735 posts, read 6,734,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by winterscorpion View Post
Funny you should mention ghosts...lol. I was a non believer like you. If You'll give me a few minutes of your time, I'll tell you about my incident involving the dearly departed.

I was assigned to perform maintenance on Aircraft 205. We had it it parked out in Tango Row because the next day it was supposed to have explosives loaded on it. Tango row was located a good distance from the main flightline where all the other aircraft are parked.

I was advised that a pre flight Inspection would need to be performed prior to flight and that I should fix anything I could while out there. I was also advisd that a civilian technician would be out at my location to sign off the red x and 7 level conditions.

I was dropped off and started doing my exterior inspection. It was quiet ( I worked the night shift and loved it because it was a whole lot cooler at night then during the day) and checked everything I was supposed to.

Prior to putting auxillary power on the aircraft I have to check the Hydraulic fluid levels, so I walked inside the pitch dark aircraft, illuminated only by the rays of lights shining on the aircraft from the nearby flood lights. As I walked up into the cargo compartment, I glanced into the flight station and saw someone going through the forms. I assumed it was my co worker even though I didnt hear the remarkable sound of the diesel step van pull up.

I told him that I was going to check the fluid levels and he just rasied his hand which I took as a form of acknowledgement. I went back and shined the light on the gauge and yelled to my co worker that the level was acceptable. Not getting a response I walked back to the flight station and as I was doing so, heard the forms ruffling like he was still looking through them.

As I stepped onto the ladder I felt a very cold and unmistakeable feeling rush through my body. I also noticed that the person looking through the forms was gone. Thinking this odd, I went to the forms and looked at them. there in the forms was an annotation about unusual noises heard and flight. The red x had been cleared because they could not duplicate it on the ground.

While thinking this to be odd, I walked outside the aircraft and made several sweeps looking for my coworker, but no one was there. Since the terminal was so far away, I wondered if he went to use the restroom in a nearby field. Nothing.

Well while sitting there dumbfounded, the maintenace van roles up and out jumps my civilian counterpart, tool box in hand. He was not the guy I saw in the flightstation looking through the forms.

When he saw my face he gave no reaction at all. He asked me what was wrong and after some coaxing I told him.

Apparently these aircraft have a long and sordid history carrying troops, both alive and dead back from Vietnam. This particular aircraft has had two maintenance people die while performing maintenance and the history of loud noises being heard in flight. Much like someone banging on the side of the fueselage. When it hits the ground, they can find nothing mechanically wrong with it. I am not the only one that has seen this person looking through the forms.

Understand that I had no knowledge of this information prior to working on this aircraft, so I couldnt psyche myself out. It was a ghost honestly and truly and I saw it. No Im not nuts, but sometimes things happen and cant be explained away.

So to answer your original question, the answer would be no. Bad things happened and as such leave a bad aura behind. Hence the feeling of dread or sadness one feels from time to time without explanation.

It actually happened.

Winter

Ohhhh, great story! I've had an encounter too but don't feel like typing the whole thing out, but I definately saw something that wasn't there!

Old 07-25-2008, 08:40 AM

3,191 posts, read 9,182,160 times
Why not? If I thought the house would make a great home and passed inspection and the price was acceptable.
It's not as if it is the houses' fault what happened! The house is just a mere shell...it is the love that can make it a home.

Old 07-25-2008, 08:43 AM

5,963 posts, read 12,432,844 times
Default Bad karma

Quote:
Originally Posted by winterscorpion View Post

It actually happened.

Winter

Very interesting and creepy. When someone dies a violent death or there is a terrible accident where the person dies, I understand their soul lingers on because they are in a confused state, thus creating ghosts, etc. I know alot of folks laugh at this stuff but it is true. I would never live in a house where abuse or a murder or suicide took place (if I knew about it first). They say houses "absorb" what goes on inside; house has bad karma and many would have the house blessed before moving in.

Old 07-25-2008, 09:23 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,478,949 times
Winterscorpion: Totally believe you. You had an encounter.

As for buying a house where something terrible had happened: It would all depend on how I felt in the house. I would not have to be told about the history - I have had several encounters of my own, w/o knowing the history of the house.

If I felt the vibe was okay, especially after doing a Blessing, then I would be fine w/ buying the house. It would all depend on the feeling I had while in the house.

I have walked away from houses b/f just b/c they didn't "feel right," even tho there was no violent act committed in them. I suspect many of you know what I mean - you can walk into a house (for sale or not - could be a friend's home) and it just "feels right." If a house feels right to me, then I go w/ that feeling.

Old 07-25-2008, 09:26 AM

3,989 posts, read 6,575,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post

I have walked away from houses b/f just b/c they didn't "feel right," even tho there was no violent act committed in them. I suspect many of you know what I mean - you can walk into a house (for sale or not - could be a friend's home) and it just "feels right." If a house feels right to me, then I go w/ that feeling.

Thats so true! I get this feeling in some spaces too - like something isn't right. My wife and I walked into a few when we were looking where the house just didn't feel right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House