Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2008, 05:15 PM

2,903 posts, read 12,533,783 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVTechMan View Post
I would like to try that washing machine that Maureen Robinson used in one episode (of the original 60's 'Lost In Space' series if anyone remembers it) that you put in the laundry, and a few minutes later your laundry comes out clean, folded and all shrinked-wrapped as if it came straight from the manufacturer. Now that would be the ideal machine!
How about the one The Jetsons had........even better.

In my house we have two dishwashers......the one I married and the one under the counter next to the sink....

I'M JUST KIDDING !!!!!!!!!

FRANK D.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2008, 08:44 PM

UPDATE-

I've already posted about the fisher Paykel washer here. Mu wife always wanted their top loading dryer........our "old" one worked fine still, so I never bought it, but she has always said she wanted one.

They are very nice. The drum actually turns from front to back, and back again, loading from the top. She has been hoping our dryer would die so we could replace it, but I have replaced parts in it and it is still working.

WELL............time to tell you a crazy story that all happened TODAY !

A friend of mine called me last night asking about what type of dryer to buy. I got on my soapbox and told him how great the Fisher Paykel washers and dryers are, and that the wife had always wanted one.

He calls me today, and was all excited. He went to Lowes, and they had THE MOST EXPENSIVE ONE Fisher Paykel makes, (Regularly over $900.00, $955.00 on the Lowes website) on closeout.......HE BOUGHT IT FOR $400.00 BRAND NEW.

He had to call me and tell me about it. I called up the store and found out it was the floor model, last one, and that is why they sold it so low. I checked the next Lowes about 5 miles away, and they had ONE LEFT, their floor model.......I guess they only sell the floor models when it is the last one, and if so, you can get a deal. I told them the deal my buddy made just two hours before at the Lowes down the road, and asked for the same deal.

I bought it !! What a deal!! We bought the gas dryer model # DG27CW1

The wife thought we could not pass up a deal like that, and can sell or give away our "old" gas dryer because it still works well.

Lowes is only discontinuing it because it was too pricey and fancy....they will still stock Fisher Paykel, but just the less expensive ones. Fisher Paykel makes 19 different dryers.

SO..........go treasure hunting at Lowes.....you may get a deal like we did.

Happy, happy,happy.

Frank D.

Old 08-03-2008, 09:46 PM

654 posts, read 3,456,564 times
I would love to see some pics of this W/D set...my existing gas dryer is still good but I plan to get a new washer though.

Old 08-04-2008, 06:16 AM

AV,
I can post pics, but you can see the features with better pics on their website, Fisher & Paykel Appliances - United States
Go to laundry and navigate from there, they have a real nice 20 page brochure you can view there.

My washer is a couple of years old, so the control panel is the older aqua color, and this new dryer is the 2008 model which has the black control panel.

I just got this dryer yesterday. We have propane here, and that Lowes did not stock the LP conversion kit, so I'm ordering it today.....($34.00).

Frank D.

Old 08-04-2008, 07:16 AM

654 posts, read 3,456,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by faithfulFrank View Post
AV,
I can post pics, but you can see the features with better pics on their website, Fisher & Paykel Appliances - United States
Go to laundry and navigate from there, they have a real nice 20 page brochure you can view there.

My washer is a couple of years old, so the control panel is the older aqua color, and this new dryer is the 2008 model which has the black control panel.

I just got this dryer yesterday. We have propane here, and that Lowes did not stock the LP conversion kit, so I'm ordering it today.....($34.00).

Frank D.
Yeah my house has LP also so looks like I will have to get one of those too.

Old 08-04-2008, 07:21 AM

AV,
It is surprising the difference in the cost of some of these lp conversion kits among the different manufacturers.
Some are over $100.00
I just called fisher paykel. They are mailing me one for $35.32
That is right to my door, so it saves a trip to Lowes.

I think all it is is a different orifice. Oh well.

Always keep the old one in case you move to Natural gas, or sell the unit down the road.
I have them for our stove, fireplace, etc,etc.....

Frank D.

Old 12-18-2009, 11:22 AM

1 posts, read 1,450 times
i have had a front loarder for 14 years now and never had a problem with mine at all. No smell and i never used the special soap. But i am now looking into getting a new washer and dry and trying to decide between the top and front loader. The reading that i have done on line so far it the the top loader brake down more often and can wreck your clothes.

Old 12-18-2009, 12:44 PM

12,083 posts, read 38,853,217 times
Never had 1 item of clothing ruined from a top-loader. Never even heard of that before.

Old 12-18-2009, 04:40 PM

930 posts, read 1,818,085 times
we just bought top load GE High efficiency washer at lowes

GE at Lowe's: 4.1 Cu. Ft. High-Efficiency Top Load Washer (Color: White on White)

so far so good..no complaints yet..uses less water per load.

Old 12-19-2009, 06:52 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,040,030 times
My sister bought a high efficiency top loader--the type that doesn't have a gurgitator in the middle of the drum.

She returned it after a month. It ripped some clothes! She also noticed that it didn't get the clothes as clean as a normal top loader.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House