Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2012, 08:48 AM

1 posts, read 2,857 times

Advertisements

I have an electric heat pump and the heat will not hold at 72 could this be the heating coil?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2012, 06:42 AM

5 posts, read 11,208 times
I am bingo a vacun furnace TAV 535 and I would like to Know if there is Any one that had any trouble and how is the performance of this gaged in the market

Old 09-21-2012, 08:08 PM

I would like to know how can I prepare sirurgical needles for vacun furnace cleaning

Old 09-21-2012, 08:11 PM

Does any of the forum knows the TVA 535

Old 11-06-2012, 05:05 PM

1 posts, read 2,656 times
I have a york furnace. A red light keeps blinking and the combustion fan keeps coming on every two minutes

Old 11-07-2012, 06:13 AM

17,474 posts, read 66,035,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davehunter View Post
I have a york furnace. A red light keeps blinking and the combustion fan keeps coming on every two minutes
Maybe this will help-

York Furnace Error Codes | eHow.com

Old 01-04-2014, 12:31 PM

1 posts, read 2,182 times
Default no heat just circulating fan

My 95% efficient York furnace has problems when the temp gets below 20 degrees. Installed in Dec '10 was ok for about 2 yrs but now it shuts off the heat and only blows cool air through the ducts when the temps outside near 20. I turn it off at the electronic thermostat and wait for 30 sec before turning back on. As long as the set temp is just 2 degrees above the room temp it will heat. When it reaches the set temp the heating stops but the circulating fan keeps going and it doesn't cycle to heat even though the thermostat is calling for it.

I read through some of the posts and it seems to be a common problem although it manifests slightly differently in other cases. I had the installer look at it but the tech couldn't find anything. Johnson Controls (York) was no help. I'm going to try and change to the mechanical thermostat as was mentioned in an earlier post by Stanley47. By the way is there any update on that post. The last I saw it was still good at 2 weeks.

Let me know if any one has solved this type problem. By the way my gas bill has decreased significantly since I had this unit installed.

Old 01-06-2014, 10:56 AM

115 posts, read 256,357 times
Stanley said over 2 weeks. But I think he meant over a year. Look at the dates on his posts.

Old 02-10-2014, 02:03 PM

1 posts, read 2,118 times
Help! My York furnace is 4 yrs old and has similar ignition problems. The flame sensor is fine. About 20% of the time it fails to fire up 3 times and goes into lockout mode. I can always start it by pulling the cover from the burner chamber. It will alway start. The cover is replaced an it will always reach temp. It may work for a while but the problem will return. The only error code is the 7 quick reds indicating lockout mode. The repair guy thought that the gas pressure was too high and adjusted it but the problem persists. You hear the burners ignite very loudly then in 3 secs or so the flame out with a pssst noise. I can always start it by opening the panel .5 inches while it fires up. The reepair guy checked the intake and exhaust with a camera. No blockage. HELP!!

Old 02-10-2014, 08:42 PM

17,474 posts, read 66,035,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpowers2000 View Post
Help! My York furnace is 4 yrs old and has similar ignition problems. The flame sensor is fine. About 20% of the time it fails to fire up 3 times and goes into lockout mode. I can always start it by pulling the cover from the burner chamber. It will alway start. The cover is replaced an it will always reach temp. It may work for a while but the problem will return. The only error code is the 7 quick reds indicating lockout mode. The repair guy thought that the gas pressure was too high and adjusted it but the problem persists. You hear the burners ignite very loudly then in 3 secs or so the flame out with a pssst noise. I can always start it by opening the panel .5 inches while it fires up. The reepair guy checked the intake and exhaust with a camera. No blockage. HELP!!
York has had what would be called an epidemic problem with control boards.

They are readily available, and later versions are usually "debugged". They are also very easy to replace- DIY.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House