Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2009, 05:40 PM

181 posts, read 635,336 times

Advertisements

Well this is a shot in the dark - does anyone have an Unico system: Unico System Inc. - Small Duct High Velocity HVAC The Unico System for A/C?

Does anyone also use this system for heating?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2009, 08:07 PM

4,705 posts, read 25,289,485 times
I have only seen this system in one house that I inspected. It is a very odd system when you first look at it.
From what I remember of the house, the HVAC seemed to work fine (it's been quite a while since I inspected it).

Since I had never seen one before, I did a little research on it after I left the house. It really fit the bill in this particular house, since it would have been very difficult to run the ductwork otherwise.

If you have a house that has limited room for ducts, then this might be the system to go with.

Old 10-09-2009, 05:44 AM

1 posts, read 3,237 times
Our Unico System install is in 1875 2 story 3,250 sq. ft. frame house. The Unico install is only heating/cooling 2nd floor, conventional forced air is used for heating/cooling the ground floor. So we have 2 independent systems installed less than 3 years ago. The small duct concept is great, very please with concept, Unico solid-state control is our problem. After (5-7) attempts to correct issue of system shutting down during heating cycle of Trane Heat Pump, no trouble with cooling cycle. I might add, no trouble with any of our Trane products as we have a total of 4.

Now down to the issue, system fails After Unico talks (cell phone) installer thru issue during last 2 visits, so we fired installer. Now we have one of the best people in our area working on the system problem who also has been on cell phone several times with Unico. $1500+ in new parts/labor and less than 3 months system fails again. The temp. is down to 50 outside at nights and days around 80. No doubt about it the heat cycle is the cause. The word junk comes to mind at this point and our new repair-man is on his 3rd attempt next Tuesday.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House