Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2009, 01:08 PM

175 posts, read 1,482,169 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone-
I know the market sucks, but I'm fed up with trying to sell my house.It's been on the market for 9 months and I've lowered the price 25%, it's well below appraisal now. I'm considering auctioning it off. Has anyone ever done it? Did you get about the asking price, or far, far below it? How much did you have to pay the auctioneer? How long did the whole process take, and how did you find the right people to do it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2014, 08:26 PM

82 posts, read 82,945 times
I am curious about this, too!

Old 12-07-2014, 09:25 AM

2,600 posts, read 8,729,213 times
Read the below site !!!

14 questions to ask before auctioning home

As for getting the asking price, that wont happen, remember that this is an auction !!!

Auctioneers can charge 10 to 30 percent of the gross sell, they can charge by the hour, some charge a flat fee and some charge a salary !!!

Auction - a public sale in which goods or property are sold to the highest bidder !!!

Knowing more information on your home like, your now asking price, age and most important, is it paid off would be very helpful !!!

If you still owe then after all is said and done, you'll still be responsible for paying off the balance !!!

Old 12-07-2014, 10:11 AM

50,010 posts, read 63,335,877 times
I did know of someone who did this, and she made out OK, but it is no cheaper than the conventional way of selling. The only advantage is speed.
I presume you would have a reserve price? Let's say your bidders did not meet the reserve. You would still pay a fee to the auction company, and you will also pay for any advertising expenses.
At least with conventional real estate you do not pay until you sell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House