U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 03-02-2009, 01:48 PM

1,817 posts, read 3,607,894 times
Default New tax rebate for windows, roofing, siding??

I have a question and don't know what forum to place it in. We have heard form a local contractor that there will be an income tax credit for roofing, vinyl siding and windows in the smount of 1500.00 for any one of those items if installed on your home. I haven't hear a thing about it and would love to hear from anyone who might have, if it is even true. It may be an energy saving thing, I haven't been able to get anything more specific.

I appreciate any info!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2009, 02:07 PM

6,582 posts, read 20,171,909 times
This should answer any questions-

Federal Tax Credits for Energy Efficiency : ENERGY STAR

And I'm pretty sure there's nothing about siding!

Old 03-02-2009, 02:50 PM

1,817 posts, read 3,607,894 times

Oh thank you so much for that info!! I appreciate it a bunch!

Old 04-15-2009, 07:03 PM

2 posts, read 19,837 times
yup theres nothing about siding! i checked ballpark-estimates.com and they said it only applies to windows, doors but not siding sorry that sucks!

Old 07-24-2009, 04:36 PM

5 posts, read 27,450 times
Default Roofing tax credit

Quote:
Originally Posted by misplaced1 View Post
I have a question and don't know what forum to place it in. We have heard form a local contractor that there will be an income tax credit for roofing, vinyl siding and windows in the smount of 1500.00 for any one of those items if installed on your home. I haven't hear a thing about it and would love to hear from anyone who might have, if it is even true. It may be an energy saving thing, I haven't been able to get anything more specific.

I appreciate any info!
Roofing must Be Energy star Rated. Roofing 30% of material cost alone up to 1500.00 Go to energystar.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/energystar.cfg/php/enduser

Last edited by mrspantera; 07-24-2009 at 04:38 PM.. Reason: bad link

Old 07-24-2009, 09:25 PM

3,021 posts, read 16,125,522 times
Default Devil is going to be in the details...........

There have been energy credits in the prior years (2007-2008) but it always had the hooker that you could get up to a certain amount (IIRC ~600) but once you had that amount, could not claim it again in the next years.

Looks like they threw more money in the pot, but what are the rules about offsets for prior years? Are they going to throw money wild and loose or will the IRS play their typical game of rules have sub rules and those have modifying rules under those. Somewhere there is always a catch.

Would not count on cooking the goose until I had it in the pan. Sellers, vendors and folks who make money selling whatever never tell you the full story. Probably to early to know exactly what the energy tax form for 2009 will look like, Devil is always in the details. Good bet there will the a Gottcha somewhere.

Old 01-29-2011, 05:51 PM

1 posts, read 8,033 times
Just had my roof redone and H&R Block said that we was not going to get rebate said something about no installation was put under the shingles but they put the new shingle over the old ones so wouldn't that be installation? And we had Vinyl siding put on over cinderblock and we was told that we didnt need installation under it because it was poured soilded cinderblocks , they said that it was a R-7 job?
Can anyone help me on these question Please !!!! Thank you

Old 01-29-2011, 07:14 PM

10,971 posts, read 12,421,774 times
Roof:
Tax Credit Amount: 10% of the cost, up to $500
Requirements
"Metal roofs with appropriate pigmented coatings" and "asphalt roofs with appropriate cooling granules" that also meet ENERGY STAR requirements.

Does your roof meet Energy Star requirements? Did YOU makes sure they used the approved materials?

And as others stated, siding does not qualify.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House