Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2007, 07:33 AM

543 posts, read 1,225,241 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nymom View Post
Not a good thread to read when your the only one awake late at night!
LOL!!
The house I lived in as a child was haunted. I could feel the presence of some spirit, maybe more than one. It was mainly in the kitchen, when I was alone. I believe it was my grandmother who passed when I was three months. There watching over me. My mother said chairs would be moved at the table, and no one around.
After we sold the house, everyone that lived in the house had problems, fires mainly. Until the house completely burned to the ground! Strange things do happen!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2007, 07:56 AM

536 posts, read 1,191,070 times
im just 20 minutes from the amityville horror house

Old 03-24-2007, 10:21 AM

3,570 posts, read 8,701,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorkjetsfan74 View Post
im just 20 minutes from the amityville horror house
That just freaks me out even thinking about it!! I saw the movie when I was a kid and boy did I get nightmares! And then I watched one of the Jason movies...the third on in three-d when it first hit the movie theaters in the early 80s. I got up from my seat when the girl was getting stabbed with the poker, went to the bathroom...but didn't make it. I went to push the door to leave the theater and passed out on the lobby floor. I woke up across the lobby with rug burns on my knees. They had to drag me across the floor! And then they stopped the movie to page my sister. We had only lived there 1 week so she couldn't imagine who knew her already. They just laughed and thought it was hilarious. Kinda funny now...many years later!!

Old 03-24-2007, 12:31 PM

5,019 posts, read 14,084,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbird4848 View Post
...if this topic had been ~raised~ and I had somehow missed it.

Really cool topic, my favorite as a matter of fact. Can anyone say Art Bell?

Our house is inhabited by a spirit or two. Maybe for the skeptics I should say we have had several events, very strange and definitely inexplicable events. We have singers, which may be Native Americans, heard by family members at night. And we have almost inaudible voices which I have personally heard on only one occasion. But no bad vibes whatsoever. So we burn burn cedar or sweetgrass and leave them be and they leave us be.
You might also enjoy this thread:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/other...ted-house.html

Old 03-24-2007, 01:45 PM

5,453 posts, read 8,203,991 times
Long story - I think!

Back in the early 90's I divorced, and had a health scare, both resulting in my father leaving his beloved Florida and coming to MI to make sure I was going to be fine. He was sick back then, but he was still a smart man and one to "take command". He saw the mess my ex left the house in, and also how bad the area was for a single mom with kids at home. Well after giving advice and making my brother come and do some of the work that he could not do on my house, he left to go home and gave me this advice "sell this **** house and get yourself in the nicest area in the most reasonable house you can afford". I took the better part of a year fixing up what I could and before I could get it on the market, Dad died. Well one thing I did not have the money for was a new circuit breaker (we still had the old fuse box and I knew it would not pass inspection, so did he - but alas no money). On the 4th of July while no one was at home a freak storm blew down my street (yep only damage was to my home). Tree fell (BIG TREE that could have caused major damage to my home), but the only thing it hit was the outside electric meter. When I had insurance company's approval to bring in a electrician he said to me, I have to replace your fuse box, we will bring all new in and you will be up to code, all paid by from my homeowners insurance! Guess what, the 4th of July is my Dad's birthday!

I have also seen him in my basement of the new home I purchased in MI, always standing with his arms crossed like he was watching and making sure his little girl (in his eyes at least) was doing fine. I never saw him after meeting and getting married to my husband. I guess he knew I was taken care of.

Not really a frightening story, but one from the spirit world!

Old 03-24-2007, 04:09 PM

13,495 posts, read 37,353,441 times
Fantastic thread!!

I've personally had several spiritual experiences and am convinced they are the real thing. Actually, I wasn't alone when a few of them happened so I have witnesses.

But what I wanted to post is that there are a couple of haunted houses in the town I live in. I was at a friend's apartment and the door kept opening and closing by itself. It happened every time I was there and she was convinced the place was haunted.

The other house I'm thinking of had two deaths in it within 5 years. About six years ago a teen passed on while in that house. He didn't live there, but was spending the night with some of his friends. They thought he went to sleep and didn't realize he'd passed on until morning. A few years later the owners sold the house. A young couple bought it and the young wife had a daycare in that house. One morning a young child (Just under a year old) passed on in that house. They thought the first death was alcohol related, but they never found out why the infant passed.

Keep in mind that the population of my town is under 15,000 and there are very few young people who have ever passed here. When there has been one, it's been because of an auto accident.

Old 03-26-2007, 02:42 AM

1,308 posts, read 3,392,060 times
I don't want anyone to think that I'm nuts. I certainly don't think that any of you guys are. Without getting into detail, I would just like to add that it's not over when you die.

Old 03-26-2007, 08:03 AM

4,279 posts, read 10,344,432 times
The upstairs back bedroom of the old house I grew up in was haunted. Never saw anything but felt it.
My brother fell asleep on my bed one afternoon. Downstairs we heard an almighty thump, then here comes my brother taking the stairs three at a time. "Someone" was not happy that he was on my bed and literally dragged him off the end! My brother is no soft melt and was 16 at the time. Very believable.
Sometimes in the night when I would wake up I'd feel a hand stroking mine underneath the pillow. Freaked the living snikeys out of me the first time it happened.

Old 03-26-2007, 08:17 AM

1,093 posts, read 3,789,547 times
My parents house has a ghost in it of a small boy (he is about 8 years old)
He didn't die there.. he didn't even live in the area. I think that I brough him in. It's a long LOOONG story. But, to sum up... he used to mess with me (take my things, wake me up at night) But once I started talking to him.. he left me alone and just did his own thing.
Scared the hell outta me the first time I noticed it.. but after that it was just, normal for me

Old 05-03-2007, 06:24 PM

549 posts, read 2,378,719 times
Isn't there a way to find out by researching county papers if someone died in a particular home? Sometimes especially in an older home Victorian people in the neighborhood have forgotten someone died there decades ago. Usually people don't forget when it was something really tragic and the properties itself become infamous. We as a 21st century society have to remember that in the late Victorian and Edwardian era people were born and usually died in their homes since people were not found of hospitals then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House