Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2009, 08:00 AM

433 posts, read 1,769,857 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have a spring free mattress like the Sealy or Serta spring free? I have been researching forever for a new mattress and it is very confusing. In any review some people absoutely love one mattress while some people absolutely hate the same one.

We are tall people-me 5'9" and he-6'1". We are both side sleepers and we want something really really comfortable. We are not sure if we want a pillowtop because of the sagging/indentation we keep hearing about. I definately need something that is not hot. I hear the tempur pedic is hot but the Sealy is not.

Any advice/opinions/experience?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2009, 12:35 PM

9,196 posts, read 24,940,073 times
I have a Bed-In-A-Box mattress. Love it, and the price was great compared to other memory foam mattresses (e.g., TempurPedic). Was sold by all the positive reviews they've received (especially compared to the mixed reviews of brands like TempurPedic).

Memory Foam Mattress | Memory Foam Mattresses | Memory Foam Reviews

Old 05-14-2009, 12:35 PM

5,278 posts, read 6,213,202 times
I have Temperpedic. It is not hot to me and great for adapting to your body on its side. On my back I actually prefer an insufferably stiff mattress but I roll around too much to go with that. And everyone else hates a frim mattress.

I also had a Sealy with the memory foam top (like cushion top but foam) when I was keeping places in two towns a few years ago. That worked fine and was actually a combo of the two.

Old 05-14-2009, 03:01 PM

1,024 posts, read 4,139,449 times
I have a sleepnumber bed that allows me to controll the firmness on my side of the bed to my own comfort level. It's basically an air mattress with foam and padding. Ive had it for 8 years and it is wonderful. I will never buy another mattress.

Old 05-15-2009, 07:19 AM

433 posts, read 1,769,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy Nelson View Post
I have a sleepnumber bed that allows me to controll the firmness on my side of the bed to my own comfort level. It's basically an air mattress with foam and padding. Ive had it for 8 years and it is wonderful. I will never buy another mattress.

My inlaws have one and love it but I have read so many negative reviews about it. That's my problem. Some love some hate. The only mattress I am finding very few negative reviews about is the Westin Heavenly Bed. We would consider this too but we would have to stay in a Westin to try it out.

Old 05-15-2009, 11:36 AM

1 posts, read 3,166 times
generally speaking, Most people that sleep on their side will prefer an all foam Mattress, I suggest one with 2-6 inches of latex, it is an all natural renewable resource that does not retain heat, is not heat activated like memory foam and will outlast any type of foam. It's not uncommon for a latex mattress to last 15-20 years but usually the cover is worn out by then. You can find out more about latex mattresses and pricing here [url=http://www.dotcombeds.com]DotComBeds-Nashville Tennessee Home[/url]

Old 05-15-2009, 05:07 PM

169 posts, read 1,489,449 times
I have one memory foam (visco) and one compressed foam mattress. Both do not have coils. Compressed foam mattress is hard to find in the US. I bought it when we were living in Toronto. I tried Visco memory foam mattress in the store and bought it but when I slept on it at night, it wasn't comfortable. Since we needed one for the guest bedroom, I didn't return it but I highly recommend that you ask about the return policy first before buying any mattress.

If anyone has information about the store or online store selling compressed foam mattress, please let me know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House