Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2009, 12:31 AM

43,011 posts, read 107,590,543 times

Advertisements

Last year, the stove and drying both died at the same time.

Now I'm living a hell I could never have dreamed.

The microwave died last week.

The water heater is being replaced tomorrow. There's a ton of water in my basement.

Tonight, the dog ATE MY MATTRESS!

Five thousand dollar Sterns and Foster, ruined!

(He ate my sofa when he was a puppy, but he hasn't eaten anything in five years!)

I'm in shock!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2009, 07:17 AM

30,701 posts, read 79,330,237 times
There is a song about this. It goes: "That's just the way it is . . . ."

I would buy a cheaper mattress. Get a waterbed maybe then if the dog eats it he will get a surprise.

On a serious note I feel for you. This seems to happen to us like that too. Everything happens at once and always when we are broke. We had a bunch of things break like that this winter, including our furnace. They kept coming to fix it and then it would immediately break again. We ended up with 21 people over for Christmas and we were heating wiht fireplaces supplemented by Kerosene heaters and some electric heaters.

Perhaps a better quopte for you is "This too shall pass"

We find that focusing on our faith and realizing how fortunate we really are gets us through troublesome times. Think about how lucky you are to have the opportunity to sleep on a $5,000 mattress while other people are sleeping on the floor within a few miles of your house.

Old 05-27-2009, 08:06 AM

24,834 posts, read 37,193,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post

The water heater is being replaced tomorrow. There's a ton of water in my basement.

(He ate my sofa when he was a puppy, but he hasn't eaten anything in five years!)

I'm in shock!
Your home owner's insurance will help with the mattress. When our labs were puppies, our insurance paid so much they offered "doggie school". LOL LOL LOL

Old 05-27-2009, 08:56 AM

41,699 posts, read 74,634,436 times
I'm apologizing upfront for laughing about the dog. He's in the doghouse, no doubt? Is he OK? He didn't swallow any of that mattress stuffing, did he?

Not laughing about the water heater, though. That's a bummer. Would it make you feel better to know that, of the six separate roof surfaces on my house and garage, that three of them sprung leaks last month?

Old 05-27-2009, 09:33 AM

43,011 posts, read 107,590,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
I'm apologizing upfront for laughing about the dog. He's in the doghouse, no doubt? Is he OK? He didn't swallow any of that mattress stuffing, did he?
I'm worried about him. He might have eated it. I just know that I walked into the bedroom to find stuffing all over the place and a crater in the middle of my mattress. This dog eats everything. I'm always worried he'll survive. I just adore him. I'd be heart broken if he died.

Old 05-27-2009, 09:42 AM

30,701 posts, read 79,330,237 times
OUr dog ate a large remote control. Three one pound boxes of Seas Chocolate truffles including the wrapping paper, the box and the individual wrappers. The largest box of crayola Crayons (132 colors or is it only 64? I do nto recall). Four or five of my wifes left shoes (only hers, only the left) Shoe was gone, only the heel remained. A three foot tall Banana tree (nothing left but one leaf). And, as a puppy quite a few large rocks. The only result was a lot of yelping during back yard visits (especially from the rocks). Some colorful poo, and a few days of feeling down and sickly from the three pounds of chocolate. (Chocolate is poisonous to dogs). We were even able to recover the remote control, clean it, and it still worked. I could not bring myself to keep it though. We bought a universal remote to replace it.

The point is, dogs are pretty resiliant. It is amazing what they can eat and survive.

Old 05-27-2009, 09:47 AM

8,652 posts, read 17,178,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post

I'm in shock!
That would be one dead dog at my house..

Old 05-27-2009, 10:13 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,319,301 times
When it rains...

Old 05-27-2009, 12:56 PM

23,510 posts, read 69,890,838 times
"Tonight, the dog ATE MY MATTRESS!"

I suppose, if one was a lady of the night, that would be like saying "My dog ate my homework!"

"(He ate my sofa when he was a puppy, but he hasn't eaten anything in five years!)"

you have heard of dog food???

Maybe he was mad because you didn't let him go swimming in your new heated pool?

Stuff happens. There is something around here that doesn't want me to cut the grass. I won't bore you with how much equipment has broken down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House