Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2007, 06:15 AM

3,031 posts, read 9,084,943 times

Advertisements

We have a "no shoes" rule in our home. After we'd put on an addition and had the floors refinished I enforced this rule even more stringently than I had in the past! I'm trying to enforce it now in our rental, too.

When we sold our house we did the sign and the bootie thing. No problems at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2007, 06:27 AM
bta

284 posts, read 1,885,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynraleigh View Post
I take my shoes off... In my opinion, it shows respect to the homeowner.
Unless you have really ugly and/or smelly feet. Then it's just an assault on the homeowner.

We're a shoes on family. For me it's important because I have flat feet and wear arch supports. If I had to walk around all day bare foot (or in socks), I'd be in a lot of pain.

Old 07-25-2007, 02:28 PM

204 posts, read 774,008 times
A few years back when looking at homes when we saw a sign that asked "Please remove shoes"-it told us this homeowner cared about the home. We have been in our new home for 2 yrs. and it's currently listed-we have a realtor sign that we place in view for showings-"Please remove shoes-Thanks." Any workmen we've had have always removed shoes-just the way they do it here.

Old 01-15-2011, 10:25 AM

1 posts, read 2,212 times
I was showing my home.....spotless, off white carpeting, a family of 8 came with a realtor, they did not want to wear the botties or take their shoes off, so only two members did and the others waitted in the foyer! My house My rules!!!!!!

Old 01-15-2011, 10:28 AM

792 posts, read 4,487,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by designersuz View Post
I was showing my home.....spotless, off white carpeting, a family of 8 came with a realtor, they did not want to wear the botties or take their shoes off, so only two members did and the others waitted in the foyer! My house My rules!!!!!!
Just curious what made you join city-data and reply to a 3-year-old thread as your first post?

Old 01-16-2011, 08:21 PM

7,784 posts, read 14,883,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dedratermi View Post
Just curious what made you join city-data and reply to a 3-year-old thread as your first post?
Many folks find our site through googling and the search pulls up an old thread. If the thread wasn't available to be posted to, it would have been locked. It wasn't and the new member is free to post.

Welcome designersuz! We're happy to have you here!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House