U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-24-2009, 06:36 PM

2,348 posts, read 2,851,748 times
Smile I'm looking for pictures of the best looking bathrooms

Some professional pictures of the best bathroom designs. Preferably a bathroom with a window.

I've used google images but if anyone has any others please post them. Maybe pictures of your own bathroom?

Last edited by FreshFresh; 06-24-2009 at 06:48 PM..
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2009, 06:22 AM

3,020 posts, read 16,301,091 times
Default I got pixs.......

But you claim to only want pretty stuff.

Sad, I just want to find a bath for the right reason if I need it, any bath. Also know why I am in there. It ain't to go to no art museum.

Go get some of them fancy magazines. They got plenty of pretty pixs, professional too. Don't know if the toilets will flush tho. Most cold looking stuff in them mags in the lil boys room.

Sorry can't help with the pixs. They will want something different anyway. We just dirt common working folk here. You want pro stuff, then pay the pros.

Old 06-25-2009, 10:50 AM

Location: Sometimes Maryland, sometimes NoVA. Depends on the day of the week
1,501 posts, read 7,565,097 times
I'd love to show off our bathroom remodel, but it probably wouldn't be up to your standards. Non-professional photos, semi-pro job (DH works in the trades, but not framing, drywall, or plumbing), and they are only 5x8 and 5x14.

Old 06-25-2009, 11:01 AM

605 posts, read 3,158,986 times
go to HGTV website and look for the "rate my space" section. Homeowners put pics of their remodels (sort by highest rated) and a lot of them are top notch, well done.

Old 06-25-2009, 12:24 PM

11,330 posts, read 12,976,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshFresh View Post
Some professional pictures of the best bathroom designs. Preferably a bathroom with a window.
Seriously??

How many people have a professional come in and take pictures of their bathrooms?
I don't know of anyone...

Old 06-25-2009, 03:18 PM

2,348 posts, read 2,851,748 times
Ooops. Professional work. Not professional pictures.

Like top notch bathrooms.

Sorry about that.

Old 07-02-2009, 11:03 AM

79 posts, read 372,320 times
windows in a shower are a touchy thing.

ie: (material used in window construction, painting, waterproofing around it and peeping toms)

here are 2 for you, hope this helps you a little
Attached Thumbnails
I'm looking for pictures of the best looking bathrooms-113.jpg   I'm looking for pictures of the best looking bathrooms-112.jpg   I'm looking for pictures of the best looking bathrooms-slate-look.jpg  

Old 07-02-2009, 12:19 PM

2,377 posts, read 3,012,597 times
I think it depends so much on personal preference and the architectural style and age house you have for a bathroom that works for you.

I certainly wouldn't call ours the best looking but here are examples of a small vintage look bathroom in our 80 y.o. Spanish Revival home. Originally sheet vinyl floor, formica panels installed on the walls!?, ugly tile, cheap painted plywood cabinets and low plastic vanity, fluorescent shop lights?! and a combo tub/shower w/sliding doors right out of the '70s.

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

In the redesign and remodel I tried to bring back a vintage look to it with tile designs and fixtures. But if you look closely the radius floating slab countertop between the cherry cabinets and the vessel sink is actually is a pretty contemporary look. I like the fact it has two big windows for a small bathroom- there is nothing I can't stand more than a tiny slit window in a bathroom.

Last edited by T. Damon; 07-02-2009 at 12:35 PM..

Old 07-02-2009, 01:06 PM

44,312 posts, read 54,771,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T. Damon View Post
I think it depends so much on personal preference and the architectural style and age house you have for a bathroom that works for you.

I certainly wouldn't call ours the best looking but here are examples of a small vintage look bathroom in our 80 y.o. Spanish Revival home. Originally sheet vinyl floor, formica panels installed on the walls!?, ugly tile, cheap painted plywood cabinets and low plastic vanity, fluorescent shop lights?! and a combo tub/shower w/sliding doors right out of the '70s.

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

In the redesign and remodel I tried to bring back a vintage look to it with tile designs and fixtures. But if you look closely the radius floating slab countertop between the cherry cabinets and the vessel sink is actually is a pretty contemporary look. I like the fact it has two big windows for a small bathroom- there is nothing I can't stand more than a tiny slit window in a bathroom.

Really nice pics, good job on the remodel!

Old 07-02-2009, 01:12 PM

269 posts, read 1,040,134 times
Default Bathroom Pics

Here are a few pictures of my Master Bath taken right after the house was finished. Its not a top notch bathroom, but we like it.

We would have preferred a different counter material (was not possible with our builder and if it was, would have been overpriced) and we still need to do something about the flat white walls (again, overpriced to have the builder use a different paint).

I'm looking for pictures of the best looking bathrooms-mstr-bath-1.jpg I'm looking for pictures of the best looking bathrooms-mstr-bath-2.jpg
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House