Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: full shower or tub/shower combo?
I need a tub in the hall bath 24 66.67%
It wouldn't matter to me 12 33.33%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2007, 04:09 PM

6,044 posts, read 24,017,427 times

Advertisements

I also hate baths, but for families, a tub in the bathroom the children use is essential.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2007, 12:04 AM

14,496 posts, read 26,508,186 times
Lightbulb No-

Quote:
Originally Posted by cncsmomndad View Post
Would a 3 bed, 2 bath, single story home with a full shower in lieu of a tub/shower combo in the hall bath be a turnoff or a plus for you if you were interested in the house? Would the shower only be enough to make you not want to buy the house? The master would have a tub and seperate shower. Just curious.

if the house has curb appeal and privacy, the bathroom is not a big thing- esp. if its the hall/guest bath. Actually in a large house, a small hall/foyer bathroom is better - less guests will linger there-lol

sunny

Old 05-03-2007, 09:56 AM

575 posts, read 1,772,988 times
I actually bought a 5 bedroom house with NO bathtub once. But I will tell you that we got it for far less than comparable homes in the nieghborhood and I'm sure that's why.

Yes, we had some bathroom remodeling done. Until we did my daughter fit nicely in the huge laundry room sink for baths.

As far as re-sale value... it's a tough call. Around here if you had sold a year and a half or so ago it probably would not have mattered at all. If you were to list now it would be just one more reason to ding you on price.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House