Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2009, 03:18 PM

30 posts, read 197,589 times

Advertisements

Hello all,

I want to know if there are any resources to learn (on internet) and do our own pest control for house indoor and outdoor.

If anyone can share some information would be helpful..

1.what to spary 2.what products to use 3. where to buy, frequency of use etc for both indoor and outside of house +lawn.

I am trying to see if it would be cheaper If I do it myself or go for a professional Pest control..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2009, 06:23 PM

12,671 posts, read 23,798,905 times
What is the best spray out there?

Old 07-28-2009, 09:52 PM

497 posts, read 1,485,086 times
This is from a couple of my olds posts:

I do my own pest control. You can get Demon WP and Demand CS online for a very low price (two of the best, commercial quality, products). Read the directions, be reasonably careful, and save some money. It isn't hard to do and you only need to treat every 3 months.

Demon for outside perimeter spraying and Demand for indoor spraying.

If you start having a problem with small ants in the kitchen then you have to increase the perimeter spraying to once a month and set out ant bait - outside the house.

I cut and pasted some info for you:

Demon WP is odorless, non staining and it has a low toxicity towards mammals, birds and reptiles. It belongs in the synthetic pyrethrum group of insecticides.
Demon WP is very active against a wide range of insects and arachnids. These include roaches, all ants, crickets, bees, wasps, silverfish, lady bugs and spiders. Spraying inside every 3 months and spraying the entry points around the perimeter of the house every month with Demon WP will keep the inside of any home pest free.

Demand CS is a water-based insecticide concentrate that offers excellent indoor and outdoor pest control. Demand's micro-encapsulated technology means that when you apply it, it leaves thousands of micro particles that bind to the surface offering long-term protection and fast insect knock-down. In fact, Demand CS is up to 200 times more active on flies, mosquitoes, and other insects than other insecticides. Demand CS controls more than 30 common insects including spiders, ants, flies, wasps, fleas, ticks and bed bugs. It can be used both indoors and outdoors with little to no odor or staining.

Old 07-29-2009, 01:28 AM

226 posts, read 893,668 times
Just google or search engine do it yourself pest control or do your own pest control and there should be a few companies come up that sell professional products to homeowners. They are salesman and will recommend anything and everything for what your having problems with. I'm a professional and not everything they advise to use is the best solution. It all depends on the target pest and if it's an indoor or outdoor problem.

Old 07-29-2009, 01:20 PM

228 posts, read 1,000,523 times
Studiobtm, I was listening to the radio a few days ago, and the host recommend Demon to someone that wanted to diy for termites ...he mentioned a few places that you could get it in town (ace hardware for one), Im wondering if that would be the same Demon you mentioned since I dont see anything for termites listed in your description. He said he sprays it quarterly around his house...my son wants to do the outside of his new home himself. Dot

Old 07-29-2009, 01:30 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,329,809 times
Most states only sell the "good stuff" to licensed professionals.

Old 07-29-2009, 09:10 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,816,250 times
You can buy Thermador thru the internet for termites but most advertise it for ant control.Demon WP is a very good general bug control for most household pest tho like roaches ';spiders etc. It drys to a fine powder and has no odor.The main thing is that people do not know how to apply many for termite control depemding on the makeup of the hopusde. I use to work for a pest control company. There after prevention is also a key such as no paper grocery bags in house( can have roach eggs and others in the glue joint;no wood near house on ground;no wet standing areas under or next to the house.If you don't know waht your doing a GOOD pest control man can do a better job eapecailly on a crawl space home.JMHO

Old 08-30-2009, 08:26 AM

26,329 posts, read 93,729,143 times
I am considering canceling my pest control (but not my termite bond) starting in fall. I can spray the periphery of my home periodically myself with general purpose insecticide applied from concentrate using a pump sprayer.

One thing is, I haven't done my homework to see if there is a reinitialization charge to restart in the spring. (I use Cook's Pest Control in Huntsville. I need to call them.) There may be a charge to dissuade people like me who only want to pay for the buggy months.

So, can anyone provide a convincing argument why I should continue to pay a monthly fee for pest control during the winter months? It seems I could save something like $34/month from maybe October through March or something like that.

Old 05-18-2015, 07:41 AM

61 posts, read 136,905 times
Sometimes, it is easier for us to get rid to pests by using our domestic methods. But, there is also a second side which can do our method offhand from us. Because various people don't know the quantity measure for use of pesticides or exterminators to control pests. Don't worry you can try this at your home as well here are the methods from my old post...

Everybody wants get liberate himself and their personal spaces from these messy creatures. In the market, there are various comprehensive products are available and pest control professionals can also do this job perfectly. Roaches, bed bugs, rodents, mosquitoes are mainly found in our personal dwelling. Whereas, spiders, ants and many more can also create problems for us. Here are the few ways to get rid of commonly found pests.

Roaches: These messy are very commonly found in residential areas where they can easily get their living demands. Many people have their different ways to get rid of them. But the main and effective ways are, use of boric acid is common ways to kill cockroaches. A solution of water and bath soap is also effective. Proper and clean sanitation places will help you more to avoid roaches enter your house. These are the easiest and very cost effective ways.

Bed Bugs: It is not easy to get rid of bed bugs if your personal sage will get infested with bed bugs. But you can take effective and safety measures to get rid of them. Clean up your all clothes in hot water of the infected place at least for one hour. Heat is also an effective ways to get away bed bugs. These ways only work for a small period, if you feel that they are back in a process then you are strictly recommended to call to pest control service or pest exterminators.

Rodents: Rodents are very nicely known for their transmission of messy diseases. To non-address rodents are not a tough task. This can be done in very few and easiest ways like repair all the crevices of your house especially in a kitchen area and clean trashes on a daily basis. You can use also rodent poison to kill them. Peppermint oil can also use to remove rodents.

Mosquitoes: Almost we all very well known, how to get rid and save yourself from mosquitoes. Many repellents are availed in the supermarkets. But we can use also preventive measures to ensure our safety like a use of cinnamon oil instead of repellent, clean up your surroundings which have stored water in it. Spray mosquitoes repellent to your garden area or yards.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House