Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2009, 09:17 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,344,316 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
Stop with the dumb questons. The pump was at 280 feet in a 420 foot well.

The guy pulled the string with a perfectly good pump and put in a new one. It worked exactly the same as the one removed. There is nothing wrong with the pump or the well. Simply the standard well driller ripping off the client. The pump simply was unable to pressurize the system from that depth.

Don't defend the crook or you will simply demonstrate that such behavior is standard in your industry.
Then I am lost. If everything was fine, why did you call a driller?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2009, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Slusser View Post
With a multimeter, amp gauge and a manual to tell you what ohms and amps you should see, any submersible well pump can be checked electrically without pulling it out of the well.

Any driller that has to raise the drop pipe and turns on the pump to see if it runs...., or simply replaces a pump because it was pulled, does not know what they are doing and IMO is a crook.

I would not have paid him and I would have sued him had he not made things right at his expense.
Only if the client does not know that is the deal in the beginning. My customers want service, and are not worried the bottom line.

Old 08-27-2009, 09:38 AM

15,756 posts, read 38,204,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Then I am lost. If everything was fine, why did you call a driller?
Motor was fried.

Pulled and replaced motor. Pump looked good. Used old pump.

Would not pressurize to an acceptable level. Driller blamed old pump.

Pulled and replaced pump. Reinstalled

Still would not pressurize. Add aux pump at surface.

Worked fine. 6K for second pull and new pump.

Old 08-27-2009, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Motor was fried.

Pulled and replaced motor. Pump looked good. Used old pump.

Would not pressurize to an acceptable level. Driller blamed old pump.

Pulled and replaced pump. Reinstalled

Still would not pressurize. Add aux pump at surface.

Worked fine. 6K for second pull and new pump.
OK got ya!!! I never fix pumps. That is what I didn't get. Do you think if you would have replace both ends of the pump it would have worked??

Old 08-27-2009, 09:54 AM

Quote:
OK got ya!!! I never fix pumps. That is what I didn't get. Do you think if you would have replace both ends of the pump it would have worked??
Pump was a special with anti sand and appeared fine.

No it would not have worked if both ends were replaced. We never came to a real cause. Think it may have been a "more efficient" motor. Normally you would blame it on a dropping water level but ours is actually rising. Up 15 feet in about 10 years.

Old 08-27-2009, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Pump was a special with anti sand and appeared fine.

No it would not have worked if both ends were replaced. We never came to a real cause. Think it may have been a "more efficient" motor. Normally you would blame it on a dropping water level but ours is actually rising. Up 15 feet in about 10 years.
Your well pumps sand?? Why don't you just fix the well?? I NEVER pull off a hole until the water is crystal clear.

Old 08-27-2009, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Your well pumps sand?? Why don't you just fix the well?? I NEVER pull off a hole until the water is crystal clear.
Water is crystal clear, hard as a rock and 10,000 years old. And it has fine sediment. If you don't pump the fine sediment you will never drill a well in this area. It is enough that you can detect it in a toilet tank after two years or so.

Old 08-27-2009, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Water is crystal clear, hard as a rock and 10,000 years old. And it has fine sediment. If you don't pump the fine sediment you will never drill a well in this area. It is enough that you can detect it in a toilet tank after two years or so.
All areas are different. In Michigan that would not be considered potable water and would be a code violation.

Old 08-27-2009, 09:29 PM

2,189 posts, read 7,052,824 times
Default Driller1

Can you answer a question for me?

I have some land (5.5 acres) with a well on it and the motor is shot.

The original owner had the well hooked up to a temp pole. When we purchased the land I had the temp pole removed because we won't build for a few years.

I would like to use the well just for washing off once a month when I go and cut the grass and watering a few trees I planted.

I was wondering if I could hook up a hand pump to the well? The type they had years ago that doesn't require electricity.

busta

Old 08-28-2009, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bustaduke View Post
Can you answer a question for me?

I have some land (5.5 acres) with a well on it and the motor is shot.

The original owner had the well hooked up to a temp pole. When we purchased the land I had the temp pole removed because we won't build for a few years.

I would like to use the well just for washing off once a month when I go and cut the grass and watering a few trees I planted.

I was wondering if I could hook up a hand pump to the well? The type they had years ago that doesn't require electricity.

busta
YES!!!! Unless it is VERY deep and has a very low static level.
I am a little lazy. LOL. I would run a conventual pump with a generator. The best thing you can do for that well is to use it!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House