Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2009, 10:22 AM

10,447 posts, read 49,658,815 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buona sera View Post
OMG. Denver has more hail than anywhere, there is nothing suspicious about. Judging from the other posts I have read of yours I will not respond to any more from you, you just live to be rude. Bye.

And learn how to count.
Bye !

Next time you pay your insurance premium and think it's real high, remember all those who cheat and defraud the insurance company.

Now bye !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2009, 12:12 PM

65 posts, read 191,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasGrace View Post
That must be what has happened to me! I need a new roof for my 700 sq ft home and quotes I've received are like yours! 700 sq ft for $3200 labor...says it will take him a minimum of 80 hours. That's 2 full workweeks!

I went to lowes, have researched how to do it....am doing it myself! (along with a contractor from church who will assist me).
Yeah I don't know what has happened with roofing prices, its ridiculous. My husband put a roof on our detached garage at my last house. It was about 600 SF and it took him two days and like $800 in materials. He didn't have to rip off the old one though. Good luck, post a pic when you are done.

Old 10-04-2009, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
Bye !

Next time you pay your insurance premium and think it's real high, remember all those who cheat and defraud the insurance company.

Now bye !
You mean like roofers who try to make me go back and milk 2000 extra out of State Farm so they can mark my shingles up 2000? That is fraud, isn't it?

Bye!

Old 10-04-2009, 12:21 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,344,316 times
Quote:
You mean like roofers who try to make me go back and milk 2000 extra out of State Farm so they can mark my shingles up 2000? That is fraud, isn't it?

Bye!
No. It is their bid. (Unless they are holding a gun) A lot goes into running a business. That is all in the bid somewhere. And they will hold you warranty, that is VERY important. You do not want them to "low ball" a lot of jobs and not be for you.

Old 10-04-2009, 12:59 PM

Quote:

Bye!
How about their time coming to your house?? Is that worth nothing??? How do you know the materials are the same??? I know with water pumps, same brand at Loews is NOT near the quality I sell.

Old 10-04-2009, 01:35 PM

5,284 posts, read 20,050,981 times
Nothing will ruin a roof like a bad hail storm...we get those here in Kentucky sometimes and many need new roofs when that happens.

I would get three new bids and not say one word about insurance.

Old 10-04-2009, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cattknap View Post
Nothing will ruin a roof like a bad hail storm...we get those here in Kentucky sometimes and many need new roofs when that happens.

How about the deductible??? Can't have it both ways.

Old 10-04-2009, 01:50 PM

5,284 posts, read 20,050,981 times
I guess I don't understand the process here, having never made a claim for a roof before. Why can't you get three bids and submit those to the insurance company and you pay your deductible. There should be no reason you would have to mention anything about insurance while you are simply getting bids. What do you mean you can't have it both ways - please explain.

Old 10-04-2009, 02:03 PM

Quote:
I guess I don't understand the process here, having never made a claim for a roof before. Why can't you get three bids and submit those to the insurance company and you pay your deductible. There should be no reason you would have to mention anything about insurance while you are simply getting bids. What do you mean you can't have it both ways - please explain.
Cattknap for the record my insurance gave me 6200, they depreciated my roof 25% because it was over 5 years old. They said if I can't get a bid for $6200 I can go back to them and submit an invoice for my roof and they will give me up to $1900 more if I need it. My other two roofs (on other houses) that had hail damage I was able to find a contractor who could do it for the depreciated value, and nobody ever asked for my insurance claim. Now they are trying to get me to go back and ask for that extra money, which is why I am saying it is a ripoff. I priced the exact same shingles (Owens Corning transitional 30 year in Driftwood), that is how I know it is the exact same product.

Old 10-04-2009, 03:31 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,658,815 times
Quote:

Can you tell us what hail does to a roof? I am not saying you are wrong. I really just dont know. I know what it does to cars and windshields. I just can not figure out how it can harm an asphalt roof with felt paper and sheething under it.

Maybe you mean the wind from a hail storm does the damage?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House