U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2009, 11:56 AM

275 posts, read 1,536,521 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcam213 View Post
^

Thanks! So the battery is to operate the mechanism that the eiectricity through the switch operated. Thanks again. I think I will check as well.

My manual wasn't the owner's manual. The builder's contractor left the installation instruction book I guess thinking it was the manual. I did find my model manual (I think) online and it only said that you could light the fireplace by installing D batteries but then no other instructions. So thanks, I will try this.

I guess push comes to shove, I could call the number for Heatilator.
Yep, that's exactly what the battery is for. Also, if my memory serves me correctly, there is a plug for AC underneath in the same area where the battery goes. You should unplug this when you install the batteries. I would check my own fireplace and refresh my memory, but I'm on a business trip right now and won't be home for a few weeks.

Good luck, and try not to burn down the neighborhood.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or