U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Halloween!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2009, 08:39 AM

548 posts, read 855,412 times
Default Frigidaire Gallery series--any good?

Anyone have the Frigidaire Gallery flat cook top convection oven stove or any of the other kitchen appliances (dishwasher, top freezer fridge, over the stove microwave)--we are considering doing all Frigidaire Gallery stainless for our new home but I have read some bad reviews...also we have considered not doing the gallery and just sticking with the Frigidaire basic things in their silver mist (not stainless) color--as I like the consistancy in the color--what do you recommend?

Our appliance allotment for the kitchen is $2500--Gallery everything would be $250 more than the alotment and Silver Mist everything would be $500 under...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2009, 09:31 AM

1,955 posts, read 5,209,440 times
They work. The dishwasher's washing performance isn't the best, but that's typical on most sub-$500 machines anyways.

The faux finishes sometimes just look way too fake. Have you considered just going all-black instead? It'll still look contemporary, but without the higher price of having a stainless shell.

As for reviews ... read everything and make a decision yourself. Some reviews are truly representative of the product (and company), others just happened on the bad sample, some are user misunderstandings of the product's functions, and others simply spew out (mis)information because their neighbor's brother's friend's gardener's son had a bad experience.

Old 10-23-2009, 11:04 AM

what would you say is a good dish washer then? My previous was a whirlpool and it didn't clean anything--we would clean by hand--put in dishwasher for sanitizing then have to dry thing off and put them away. Something that works at all will be an upgrade.

I like the the look of silver as opposed to black--I have seen the silver mist in person and was very happy with how it looks--however if we go Gallery that is real stainless..

Old 10-23-2009, 02:42 PM

14,254 posts, read 22,344,762 times
We have the range and matching microwave. We bought them a couple of years ago. So far they have been very good. Our neighbor has had a similar GE range and has had problems. Theirs cost a lot more than ours and we use ours a lot more than they do. Jay

Old 10-23-2009, 03:30 PM

23,444 posts, read 17,159,295 times
I have a Frigidaire range, and really like it.......one warning, if you do go with Frigidaire, do NOT get the range with the fan in it.....it is not true convection, its just a gimmick.

Old 10-25-2009, 05:41 PM

14,254 posts, read 22,344,762 times
I just noticed ours says "Professional" on it. Not sure if that is different or not but we do like it. Jay

Old 10-26-2009, 06:56 AM

kshe95girl--which one would you recommend then (we are going flat top electric)--I thought the fan was nice? Does it not help cook evenly or is it just not truly convection?

Old 10-26-2009, 01:28 PM

23,444 posts, read 17,159,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by girlbuffalo1 View Post
kshe95girl--which one would you recommend then (we are going flat top electric)--I thought the fan was nice? Does it not help cook evenly or is it just not truly convection?
There are ranges that offer convection in the Figidaire line. The ones I am talking about are the lower end. In order for it to be convection, there has to be a heating element around the fan, those ranges just have the fan. They tend to brown unevenly.
All Products / Kitchen / Ranges/Stoves / FGES3065KW (http://www.frigidaire.com/products/kitchen-appliances/gas-electric-ranges/FGES3065KW - broken link)

This is a really nice range, just make sure it is "true convection". Look at the fan, you should be able to see the heating element around it, hope this helps!

Old 10-26-2009, 01:43 PM

2,088 posts, read 2,444,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by girlbuffalo1 View Post
what would you say is a good dish washer then? My previous was a whirlpool and it didn't clean anything--we would clean by hand--put in dishwasher for sanitizing then have to dry thing off and put them away. Something that works at all will be an upgrade.
I've had KitchenAid dishwashers in my current house and last house and have had no problems with either. I set mine on Low Energy, so the dishes are not completely dry when the cycle is done. But I do this on purpose to save electricity. It DOES completely dry them if I don't do this.

I'm looking at appliances, too, for my new house, and my custom-home builder and many review sites I've looked at have really trashed GE appliances. (I have a GE bottom-freezer refrigerator right now that is quiet as a mouse and works great, so I guess SOME of their appliances are ok!) I don't know about the Gallery series, but I'm going with a Frigidaire dual fuel for my range, since I like gas for the cooktop and electric for the oven. However, that range alone is about $1800. $2500 doesn't seem like much of an allowance for three major appliances these days. And I agree with the poster who advised going with black rather than stainless steel. I'm doing it because I like the look better, but stainless also dents easily and depending on the finish, can show streaks really easily (my kitchen trash can is proof!), so why pay more for it unless you really like that cold industrial look?

Old 08-26-2011, 08:54 AM

1 posts, read 10,866 times
Default Robbsteps Loves Frigidare Gallery

I have the Frigidare Gallery Stainless Flat top with Conf. Oven and I love it. It cooks great and looks great. I have owned mine for about 4 years and have never had a complaint.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House