Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2011, 04:27 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,469,759 times

Advertisements

First of all, have you tried the Clorox Clean Up? Spraying it on and letting it just sit?

I have had these same stains and in fact, got one this past week from hair dye. Yes. Red at that, lol. I use the Clorox Clean Up first. If that doesn't work, I use Clorox Soft Scrub with Bleach. I put it on and let it nearly dry. Then I moisten the area, and use a soft cloth (old bath cloth) to rub it off.

Now, this product does have some slight abrasion in it. It has never caused me a problem but don't shoot me if it takes some gloss off your marble.

Here is what I recommend that you use on all your cultured marble after cleaning it, to make it water repellent and also to shine it up. GEL GLOSS. It WILL restore shine (or has in my experience, anyway) and will also clean surfaces.

Welcome to Gel-Gloss

I had a repairman in to repair a chip on my jacuzzi and he recommended it to me back in the early 90s. I have found so many uses for it since then.

Good luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2012, 07:37 PM

2 posts, read 25,497 times
Wink this worked for me

I had removed my faucet in order to replace it with a new one, and guess what, there was an ugly yellow stain under the old faucet that the new one wasn't going to cover. I tried ajax, bleach, and automotive polishing compound. Nothing worked, so I came here looking for an answer. I had already tried most of the suggestions, so even though some of the posts said not to use abrasives I figured I really had nothing to lose by following my boyfriend's advice, which was to get some 1500 grit wet-dry sandpaper, put a little water on the area and carefully sand away the stain. It took some patience but it did work. The glossy finish was dulled so I then used the automotive polishing compound to bring the shine back up.
My boyfriend's pretty smart.

Old 04-23-2012, 09:26 AM

17,473 posts, read 66,019,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEkwall View Post
The glossy finish was dulled so I then used the automotive polishing compound to bring the shine back up.
My boyfriend's pretty smart.

The "glossy finish" WAS your protective layer- it's Gelcoat. And since you didn't REPLACE the Gelcoat you will constantly have to reapply a wax to protect the surface.
Automotive polishing compound only polished the raw cultured marble.

The yellow staining is from plumber's putty. It was fairly common to pack the bottom of a fixture with putty to prevent water from leaking under the fixture and into the cabinet below.

Your boyfriend may have had the answer for getting rid of the stain- but it also created another problem. Pretty smart, uh?

Old 04-26-2012, 10:24 PM

2 posts, read 25,497 times
Default Stain is gone

Even if I had to occasionally wax the area, i'd say that's better than having a yellow stain. I'm happy with my vanity top, and my boyfriend.

Old 05-02-2012, 06:46 PM

5,696 posts, read 19,139,351 times
I also have a stain on my bathroom sink as well. It was left from a soap dispenser. When I got my granite in the kitchen I was worried about the same problem so I bought that lysol no touch soap dispenser that activates with motion. Its pretty darn nifty and doesn't cause a mess. I bought one for our half bath. Of course its not as pretty as a decorative soap dispenser.

Old 09-01-2013, 05:09 AM

1 posts, read 11,495 times
I have a black cultured marble bathtub. In the corner there is a plastic container with holes that I use to place supplies such as shampoo, conditioner, razor, etc.. Now underneath is a large white cloudy water stain. How can I remove the white stain?

Old 11-20-2016, 12:33 PM

1 posts, read 5,237 times
Ok i have a brown spot from curling iron.
What can i use to remove this?

Old 11-20-2016, 12:48 PM

3,137 posts, read 2,706,224 times
Try vinegar or cornstarch, scrub with a toothbrush.

I had some stains on a kitchen countertop and used bleach. However, the countertop was not granite or marble or any kind of stone. You have to be really careful with bleach, also!

Old 11-20-2016, 03:46 PM

17,473 posts, read 66,019,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickmilk31 View Post
Ok i have a brown spot from curling iron.
What can i use to remove this?

Definitely cultured marble?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House