Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2010, 07:32 PM

315 posts, read 1,003,802 times

Advertisements

Lisa - WOW everything looks so good. I was laughing while I looked at your pictures of your kitchen. It looks so much like my old kitchen, colors of granite and cabinets. the only thing different from mine is I had light colored tile and black appliances. If I can ever have time to figure out how to post a picture I will have to send you a picture of my kitchen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2010, 09:04 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,354,751 times
Beautiful! You guys definitely deserve a break! Keeping fingers crossed for a quick and profitable sale...

Old 01-18-2010, 10:30 PM

82 posts, read 416,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
Click on the scales icon at the top right of the post.

Thanks for the info!

Old 01-18-2010, 11:20 PM

8,307 posts, read 38,680,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by younglisa7 View Post
Here is our sink and new faucet.

Mike working on the plumbing for the double drains.

And it's all nice and neat just the way we like it.

I help him get the drains in place and caulked in. We also got the dishwasher hooked up and tested, and the ice maker from the refrigerator is now connected.
Lisa,

I think you guys are doing a great job with this house and I love to see homes remodeled by people who roll their sleeves up as far as you two...

The only gripe I have had after Lord knows how many pages of TN off-grid berm house and 30 pages of FL remodel: THERE IS NO DISPOSER UNDER THE KITCHEN SINK!!!

What gives?

Old 01-19-2010, 09:55 AM

28,803 posts, read 47,522,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacation bound View Post
Lisa - WOW everything looks so good. I was laughing while I looked at your pictures of your kitchen. It looks so much like my old kitchen, colors of granite and cabinets. the only thing different from mine is I had light colored tile and black appliances. If I can ever have time to figure out how to post a picture I will have to send you a picture of my kitchen.
There is a numbered step in this post. Ignore it until you have read the entire post as its use will be explained towards the end.

Open a second copy of City Data, either in a new tab or another copy of your browser. You should find that you are already logged in there. Go to the forum where you want to place the new thread or post and open the thread or post. Add any text you want to have in front of the pictures and leave a double space below it.

Return to the original copy of City Data (This one perhaps?) and:

At the top of the page click on My Settings at the left in the blue band.

On the Settings page click on Pictures & Albums under Networking in the column at the left.

On the Pictures & Albums page click on Add Album.

Give it a title and a description. A description is optional. Choose whether you want it public or private. Click Submit.

On the next screen click on Upload Pictures and browse to the picture(s) you want to upload. When you find the one you want click Open in the browser window. You can do three at a time, browsing for each one separately. Click on Upload Pictures at the bottom when you are done.

Be patient, they can take a while to upload.

Once the pictures are in the album open the album and click on the picture you want to place in a post. Below the picture is some code in a white box. (1) Highlight all the text in the Picture URL box. You can do this by placing the cursor at the start of the text, press the Shift key and hold it then press the End key. Once the text is highlighted right click it. In the menu that opens click on Copy.

Go to the other copy of CD that has the post where you are adding the picture. In this post click the icon above the posting box that is yellow and has a mountain in it. In the box that opens right click in the white area, which should highlight the text in the white area, then in the menu click on Paste. Click OK and the picture should be placed in the post.

To add a second (or more) picture press the right arrow key and then the Enter key. This ensures that the cursor is to the right of the picture you just inserted and then moves the cursor down so you can add another. Press Enter again if you want to add text or a space between pictures.

To add more pictures go back to the other copy of CD that has the album in it. Notice below the current picture are Previous and Next. Using these controls go the next picture you want to insert and then loop back to (1) in this post.

Hopefully I explained this well enough that you can get your pictures posted!

Old 01-19-2010, 10:08 AM

7,835 posts, read 8,410,459 times
Wonderful job! I wish my husband and I had the skills to do our own kitchen remodel, but you've inspired us to take on more of the work we can do, like all the demo before the contractors even get there. Thanks!

I've also been confused by the timeline. It seems like we're getting stories of what happened a couple of months ago, but it's told as if in real time.

Old 01-19-2010, 11:51 AM

20,549 posts, read 30,294,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
Wonderful job! I wish my husband and I had the skills to do our own kitchen remodel, but you've inspired us to take on more of the work we can do, like all the demo before the contractors even get there. Thanks!

I've also been confused by the timeline. It seems like we're getting stories of what happened a couple of months ago, but it's told as if in real time.
Good for you. before I was with Mike I was afraid to try any little project. It all seemed so hard. Now I'm not afraid anymore to try it. It's a great feeling. I just don't go near electrical

Ok everyone I hope I can clear up the time line. This last chapter actually happened December 1-4 of 2009. The House Flip story started out in the past because I was still posting the TN story when I started this one and I didn't have time to do both at the same time.

So....Here is the best way I can describe what I wrote. I write our story each day as it happens like a Journal/Diary. You are reading pages out of my journal. So while I am telling the story it is in the present tense because that is when I wrote it. I try to also give you you the actual dates from my journal.

I hope I cleared that up. Sorry for the confusion.

Old 01-19-2010, 01:14 PM

890 posts, read 2,778,963 times
The color in the kitchen is great. The glossy, shiny, new everything will definitely be a big plus for buyers.

And the added bonus of the layout opens up the entire house. As you mentioned before, the view of the water from inside the house would be another "ooh" for the buyers.

Old 01-19-2010, 07:07 PM

182 posts, read 778,527 times
Kitchen looks great !!!

Old 01-20-2010, 04:25 PM

315 posts, read 1,003,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
There is a numbered step in this post. Ignore it until you have read the entire post as its use will be explained towards the end.

Open a second copy of City Data, either in a new tab or another copy of your browser. You should find that you are already logged in there. Go to the forum where you want to place the new thread or post and open the thread or post. Add any text you want to have in front of the pictures and leave a double space below it.

Return to the original copy of City Data (This one perhaps?) and:

At the top of the page click on My Settings at the left in the blue band.

On the Settings page click on Pictures & Albums under Networking in the column at the left.

On the Pictures & Albums page click on Add Album.

Give it a title and a description. A description is optional. Choose whether you want it public or private. Click Submit.

On the next screen click on Upload Pictures and browse to the picture(s) you want to upload. When you find the one you want click Open in the browser window. You can do three at a time, browsing for each one separately. Click on Upload Pictures at the bottom when you are done.

Be patient, they can take a while to upload.

Once the pictures are in the album open the album and click on the picture you want to place in a post. Below the picture is some code in a white box. (1) Highlight all the text in the Picture URL box. You can do this by placing the cursor at the start of the text, press the Shift key and hold it then press the End key. Once the text is highlighted right click it. In the menu that opens click on Copy.

Go to the other copy of CD that has the post where you are adding the picture. In this post click the icon above the posting box that is yellow and has a mountain in it. In the box that opens right click in the white area, which should highlight the text in the white area, then in the menu click on Paste. Click OK and the picture should be placed in the post.

To add a second (or more) picture press the right arrow key and then the Enter key. This ensures that the cursor is to the right of the picture you just inserted and then moves the cursor down so you can add another. Press Enter again if you want to add text or a space between pictures.

To add more pictures go back to the other copy of CD that has the album in it. Notice below the current picture are Previous and Next. Using these controls go the next picture you want to insert and then loop back to (1) in this post.

Hopefully I explained this well enough that you can get your pictures posted!
Thanks for the info, I will give it a try when I have the time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House