Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2010, 07:46 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,746,321 times

Advertisements

For the interior critics I must say that in our 30 years in the building industry we have learned one very important thing....there are millions of people with millions of different tastes. This home is a wonderful change from the beginning and I give props to the couple taking the chance to invest in such a back breaking project. Good job Mike and Lisa and please share your next project and let us know when you find a buyer for this one as I have a good bottle of Cab waiting on your behalf.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2010, 12:33 PM

3,320 posts, read 5,595,060 times
Oh that turned out nice! You should have a blog, but I suppose you don't have time. It would be interesting to know what the house is listed for and what you end up getting, if you can ever update the story after the fact.

Old 02-11-2010, 04:26 PM

3,848 posts, read 9,323,192 times
Thanks for sharing your story with us, Lisa. I found it very enjoyable and am looking forward to "part II"

Old 02-11-2010, 06:50 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,429,067 times
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT ALL!! I hope you and Mike signed your names in some inconspicuous place. I have a feeling that the personalization "Made with Love by Mike and Lisa" will someday add mucho value to any house.

Old 02-11-2010, 08:05 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,455,426 times
Lisa - it looks great - I know I looked forward to each and every update. To experience this without having to actually work was nice! Please do let us know when it sells. I hope it turns over quickly and you come out well on it. You guys sure do deserve it.

Old 02-12-2010, 06:47 AM

5,963 posts, read 12,434,707 times
Another great thread! Lisa & Mike, I envy your energy. . Amazing what the two of you (plus Nikki), can get accomplished in such a short time! Nikki's got the "cake job" though with her supervising. . Best of luck in your new home. Hoping you'll do a thread on that also.

Old 02-12-2010, 02:07 PM

3,848 posts, read 9,323,192 times
Lisa, I forgot to ask, if you don't mind sharing, what city are these homes in?

Old 02-12-2010, 03:36 PM

16,070 posts, read 21,144,062 times
Love the kitchen guys, it really "pops" in the pictures and it looks so much more inviting than the old kitchen. Like the bathroom light fixtures too, they're different!

Old 02-14-2010, 06:33 PM

82 posts, read 416,423 times
I know you said that last week was the final segment of this "flip" - but I just couldn't resist stopping by to see if you had any other comments and/or info about the second Florida house!

Hopefully all is well with Mike, Lisa & Nikki! I feel like I know you! Thanks once again for opening your life up to us!

Blessings!

Old 02-14-2010, 10:37 PM

11,087 posts, read 17,540,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jules1966 View Post
I have followed your posts from Tennessee to Florida. I have a few comments. I dont particularily like what you did at either places. IMHO In Tenessee you should have made your house fit more with the surrounding. Instead you put the city into the wildness of Tennessee? Makes no sense you did all that to get off grid and then you pave your drive. And feeding the animals in TN is not a good idea they will eventually break into your yard and get into your garden. You live in TN and you dont hunt? Whats that about? I mean if you really want to be off grid try planting your own food and hunting for your meat. Hopefully one day Mike will talk some sense into ya and you will realize how much economical it is to grow and hunt your own food!

The FL house you removed the trees that shaded the house! And then you tore out a cactus that i thought was procted by local and federal laws? I know in CA you cannot remove or destroy cactusses in any way. I love what you did to the kitchen. If you had stopped there and left some of the character of the house it would have been much nicer. I for one like houses that have character not curb appeal. IMO

I know you work hard but do you ever really think about what your doing before you do it? Just wondering because it doesnt look that way to me. I know the FL house is a flip property and you might of done some of that so it would sell. But what about the TN house? Isnt that where youll be living a lot? Wouldnt it of been nicer to leave the gravel road and to buy off road vehicles and maybe a snow ski then to put pavement on a mountainside?

This is just MHO i liked following your story and you and Mike seem like nice people. God bless and good luck on selling your homes.
When I was young, some friends of the family built a new house. We drove by once there was a sign in the front yard that said "we don't like yours either". When my mother asked why that sign, they said people always come up with "why did you want to build something like that here?" "Why didn't you build closer to the street?" "Why did you put the den in the back of the house?" etc. Thus the sign, we don't like yours either! Said they didn't get quite as many comments after that!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House