Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2010, 06:40 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,658,815 times

Advertisements

The cameras are gone now. The most expensive hotels are no longer full with celebrities. Traffic is back to normal in my town. The local restaurants enjoyed a bounty for the 9 days. Our little resort town is now famous even to outsiders. A family of 18 who were living in two 28' travel trailers still remain but now these trailers rest several lots down where they are parked. This family now has a massive beautiful home. Tire marks in the mud from all the heavy construction machinery remain in the mud. The excitement is gone now.

The popular ABC show, Extreme Makeover Home Edition was in town to take on their biggest home ever. Cameras were banned on site after the 3rd day by all of us workers, only the media were allowed to take pictures. As of now we still do not have permission to show you photos of the interior until this show airs probably the first Sunday in March, if not then the 2nd.

But my friends here......you have friends on the inside who can give you a sneak peak at the outside. Sorry I can not show you any cabinets or tell of my involvement at this time but I can show you the home. This house has 8 bedrooms and 18 people are living in it. I think 12 are adopted. Hurricane IKE destroyed their home and they were living in two 28' travel trailers on the property no thanks to the crooked corrupt insurance company.

So here it is folks. Say you seen it here first. You will not see this on TV till the 1st or 2nd week in March when it will air.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2010, 06:58 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,431,732 times
Awesome! I cant rep you yet, but you deserve lots of reps for your work on this project. Will we see you on the TV show?

Old 01-17-2010, 07:01 PM

12,083 posts, read 38,855,962 times
Very nice! Reps to you for being involved in the project.

Old 01-17-2010, 07:18 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
The cameras are gone now. The most expensive hotels are no longer full with celebrities. Traffic is back to normal in my town. The local restaurants enjoyed a bounty for the 9 days. Our little resort town is now famous even to outsiders. A family of 18 who were living in two 28' travel trailers still remain but now these trailers rest several lots down where they are parked. This family now has a massive beautiful home. Tire marks in the mud from all the heavy construction machinery remain in the mud. The excitement is gone now.

The popular ABC show, Extreme Makeover Home Edition was in town to take on their biggest home ever. Cameras were banned on site after the 3rd day by all of us workers, only the media were allowed to take pictures. As of now we still do not have permission to show you photos of the interior until this show airs probably the first Sunday in March, if not then the 2nd.

But my friends here......you have friends on the inside who can give you a sneak peak at the outside. Sorry I can not show you any cabinets or tell of my involvement at this time but I can show you the home. This house has 8 bedrooms and 18 people are living in it. I think 12 are adopted. Hurricane IKE destroyed their home and they were living in two 28' travel trailers on the property no thanks to the crooked corrupt insurance company.

So here it is folks. Say you seen it here first. You will not see this on TV till the 1st or 2nd week in March when it will air.
Nicely done desertsun

I like the color too!

Is this home in Galveston by any chance?

Old 01-17-2010, 07:23 PM

20,548 posts, read 30,394,464 times
Thanks for the heads up. I am not a fan of the show because it is overkill and I can't see the waste of money on "only" one family. But if they didn't do the extreme then they wouldn't have a show. I know it's all about making money and broadcasting. Pity!!

It would be so much more commendable if they helped more instead of what they do. But it is still fun to see the finished project.

At least this project was for a larger family. It's about time. I hope this family can afford to maintain it.

Old 01-17-2010, 08:38 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,344,316 times
I missed it!!!

Old 01-17-2010, 08:46 PM

I come back an hour later and the pic disapeared. Why? Did a moderator not like it and delete it? If so I wish I could be told rather the just deleting it.

Here it is again. If there is a problem with it then just delete the whole thread.

Old 01-17-2010, 09:43 PM

2,414 posts, read 2,988,207 times
Wow, that's quite a house. It looks like it needs a bigger garage. Love the color.

Old 01-17-2010, 09:46 PM

854 posts, read 4,141,334 times
Looks more like it was a problem with flikr, not the board.

So is the house actually in Kemah? I don't think that's an unknown town. I've been through, done the boardwalk thing. (Seriously, an attempt at an east-coast-style boardwalk on the tx gulf coast, in the backyard of all the refineries... I don't get it. But, I don't live there). And I lived in the Dallas burbs.

Big house, but I guess with 18 people... yikes!

EDIT: less than half an hour after posting, here's my step-mother-in-law's Facebook post: "Marked another Triple D off my bucket list. Had the best fried shrimp and oysters ever at T-Bone Tommys in Kemah. Next time gonna try the marinated Ribeye. Won't ever go back to the over priced, over rated Boardwalk." heehee. She lives in Spring. At least T-Bone Tommy's doesn't qualify as sleepy to everyone. (No idea what Triple D means here).

Last edited by jenlion; 01-17-2010 at 10:13 PM.. Reason: coincidental occurence

Old 01-18-2010, 04:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenlion View Post
Looks more like it was a problem with flikr, not the board.

So is the house actually in Kemah? I don't think that's an unknown town. I've been through, done the boardwalk thing. (Seriously, an attempt at an east-coast-style boardwalk on the tx gulf coast, in the backyard of all the refineries... I don't get it. But, I don't live there). And I lived in the Dallas burbs.

Big house, but I guess with 18 people... yikes!

EDIT: less than half an hour after posting, here's my step-mother-in-law's Facebook post: "Marked another Triple D off my bucket list. Had the best fried shrimp and oysters ever at T-Bone Tommys in Kemah. Next time gonna try the marinated Ribeye. Won't ever go back to the over priced, over rated Boardwalk." heehee. She lives in Spring. At least T-Bone Tommy's doesn't qualify as sleepy to everyone. (No idea what Triple D means here).
I think you are right that it was a problem with Flickr. The pic seems to have stayed up this time, only like 7 posts from where it should be.

Ah yes. T-Bone Toms. I dont eat meat but I get the seafood dishes there. Did you know that T-Bone Toms was just featured on the show Drive-ins, Diners and Divas? Yes the Boardwalk is very expensive. The Kemah Boardwalk was just rated the number one best boardwalk in America last month.

Yes the house is in Kemah population 1900 but on summer weekends the population can swell to 100,0000 and up to a quarter million on holiday weekends.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House