Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2008, 06:37 AM

5,384 posts, read 10,868,442 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrshvo View Post
I'm thinking that perhaps she doesn't want the child to stay over because perhaps they will be drinking while out....and yes, someone might feel comfortable driving themselves after a few beers, but not someone else....
Wow... if you drank too much to drive a sitter home then you drank too much and shouldn't be driving yourself... Someone needs to be responsible, not drink and drive the kid home....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2008, 01:26 PM

3 posts, read 8,576 times
I was 12 when I started sitting. I often slept over on the couples pull out bed in the family room because they would come home late. My parents did not mind because they knew the couple and preferred them to keep me over night instead of potentially driving me home after a late night out and consuming alcoholic drinks. I think this might be a great age to start sitting because kids in their tweens are less likely to be boy crazy and more involved with your child while they are sitting for you.

There are also classes that tweens can take to get certified in CPR for adults and young children with also a Babysitting certification. How many of you know how to do CPR????

Old 04-05-2010, 04:21 PM

1 posts, read 1,442 times
I was a babysitter from when i was about 12 years old. I had one family in particular who would often not come home until 3am/4am.
For me they always said either i could choose to stay up (which most of the time i did) or if i was tired i could use the couch, which had a blanket by it or the spare room. it's really up to you. If you know you're couch is uncomfy then offer the spare room.
As for people going off on their own little tangents about 12 year olds being sitters....i started when i was 12, i'm now 18. I know CPR and First Aid for both adults and kids, i make sure i have both (when possible) parents numbers, as well as other numbers to call in case of emergency. And the general health info that any doctors, should an emergency happen, would need.
I nanny now and i still use these same things today as i did 6 years ago when i was 12. If you're mature you can do it. If you're silly and immature then you shouldn't be. But in the end its always the parents decision. just my 2 cents.

Old 04-06-2010, 11:23 AM

1,226 posts, read 2,373,143 times
I would put the 12 year old upstairs in the extra bedroom, and then the person babysitting the 12 year old on the couch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House