U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 09-21-2010, 10:30 PM

1,339 posts, read 1,479,573 times

Advertisements

There is a dirt road heading west off I-45 and Sprin Crossing Drive ( the Hardy Toll Road interchange). They have been doing alot of clearing and site work for about a year now. The city of Houston will offer them so many tax breaks and cuts it will be ridiculous. I want them to move here.It wiil be great for our city. If people do not want to live in The Woodlands or Spring area then I am sure ExxonMobil will have no proble finding people who will want those jobs. The Woodlands area is a beautiful place. have you seet lately? so come on down NVA. I will sell you my house for the appropriate value. People complaining about commuting to The Woodlands/Spring area is a joke. Like commuting downtown is any easier. Plus, don't you think ExxonMobil has enogh swagger, clout to make the city, county, and state to get whatever roads and infrastructure built to support their campus completed in an expedient manner. Let us all hope this happens. The city could use this economic kick in the backside. This is great for the entire metroploitan area.
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2010, 09:57 PM

6,611 posts, read 9,772,230 times
If they move there, I don't think anyone in the greater Houston area will be quitting their jobs over it - they'll just make the commute (they know they have a good job with a good company). Those in VA, will make the move (many are from Houston and were moved to VA when they merged with Mobil) with the exception of perhaps younger employees who haven't put enough time so they have nothing to lose if they don't want to move.

I don't think it will cause many people in Houston to move to the Woodlands or Spring either - if they like where they presently live. Those who relocate from VA will probably look at those two areas with the exception of singles or young couples who want to be in the center of town.

That's the great thing about Houston being so spread out - we may not like our commute - but we get used to it.

Old 10-05-2010, 09:22 PM

8,968 posts, read 8,686,183 times
Well, here is something new: Major planned community planned near The Woodlands | Prime Property | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle

The developer (Coventry) is tied to ExxonMobil.

Old 10-05-2010, 09:25 PM

Coventry is not tied to ExxonMobil. They haven't been involved with real estate investment since Friendswood Development and that is long gone. Coventry as a developer may be taking full advantage of the situation and building a large community in an area that will have a lot of need for nearby homes.

Old 10-05-2010, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texas7 View Post
Coventry is not tied to ExxonMobil. They haven't been involved with real estate investment since Friendswood Development and that is long gone. Coventry as a developer may be taking full advantage of the situation and building a large community in an area that will have a lot of need for nearby homes.
Look at the plans for the development. Do you not see the "I-45 Corporate" alongside I-45? What else could that site be?

Old 10-06-2010, 08:20 AM

3,697 posts, read 3,242,701 times
Exxon purchased the land from Coventry according to the newspaper.

Old 10-06-2010, 08:39 AM

3,334 posts, read 4,805,861 times
Old News:

Exxon Mobil campus ‘clearly happening’ - Houston Business Journal

Old 10-06-2010, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface713 View Post
Look at the plans for the development. Do you not see the "I-45 Corporate" alongside I-45? What else could that site be?
I-45 Corporate does not mean Coventry homes are connected to ExxonMobil. Just stating that because I have family who work for ExxonMobil and they have no connection to Coventry.

Old 10-06-2010, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texas7 View Post
I-45 Corporate does not mean Coventry homes are connected to ExxonMobil. Just stating that because I have family who work for ExxonMobil and they have no connection to Coventry.
Well, Exxon did buy the land from Coventry, and Coventry is banking on Exxon building that large corporate campus, so I'd say they are connected in the way. You most likely would not be hearing about this development if Exxon wasn't thinking about building a large campus at that location.

Old 10-10-2010, 09:04 AM

1,339 posts, read 1,479,573 times
Iam betting the 8.1 million square feet of the planned commercial development will include some of the ExxonMobil Headquarters. I hope this happens as soon as possible. It will be great for the area and the city of Houston.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston