U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 07:11 PM

88 posts, read 241,224 times
Charris, Guerilla, are you guys in the Land Development business? The company I work for is designing Morton Creek Ranch right now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2007, 07:29 PM

2,703 posts, read 23,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houstonkid View Post
Charris, Guerilla, are you guys in the Land Development business? The company I work for is designing Morton Creek Ranch right now.
What is going into Morton Creek Ranch at the moment?

Old 06-25-2007, 07:38 PM

212 posts, read 858,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houstonkid View Post

Yes, and are there any firm commitments, I would be interested to know! Thanks.

Old 06-26-2007, 05:26 AM

88 posts, read 241,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charris911 View Post
Yes, and are there any firm commitments, I would be interested to know! Thanks.
I am assuming Guerilla's question is basically the same as your's and I am also assuming you guys mean committments on the actual builder. I have no clue, I am not on the team designing the project and on top of that we only do the paving/pub. utilities/detention/grading etc. We really don't have an idea who will be building unless the specific client is a homebuilder also, which I don't believe this specific client is.

Old 07-05-2007, 05:45 PM

1 posts, read 4,226 times
Question mound of dirt

Does anyone know what the large mound of dirt is that is located right off of Porter Rd and bumps up next to the new Lakecrest Forest subdivision? We are looking at homes in Lakecrest Forest but want to know what the situation is with the dirt.

Thanks

Old 07-07-2007, 08:46 AM

212 posts, read 858,437 times
Well one thing that is wrong with North Katy is "high water". After yesterdays rain, I drove North of Old Katy (Katy-Hockley Rd) around 5pm. I witnessed all the people, who had built nice big houses, sitting on the main road waiting for the water to go down to get to their homes. Drove thru there after 9pm, and the water was still sitting on the roadway.

Old 12-28-2007, 11:50 PM

39 posts, read 152,960 times
Any updates on Morton Creek Ranch?

Old 12-29-2007, 07:13 AM

8,801 posts, read 14,372,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by larice View Post
That is the situation in Houston, going down I-10 from 610 to Katy. Land is more desirable south of I-10. This is a stigma there that in some cases not really true. There are nice parts of Katy north of I-10 off Barker Cypress but the same house on the other side of I-10 would be more expensive. What neighborhood are you looking at?
Even though the train tracks are no longer there, its the "other side of tracks" mentality inside the Beltway. However, there are some pretty dicey neighborhoods north of I-10 that butt right up to million dollar construction. Its a hard sell to most natives.

Old 12-29-2007, 08:52 AM
cla

868 posts, read 1,823,847 times
I read an article a while back about the oil bust in the 80's. N Katy had a higher percentage of blue collar oil field workers living there and S Katy had a higher percentage of white collar workers living there. When people starting losing their jobs, the blue-collar workers, who basically didn't have the big 401k's, big saving accounts, pension plans, etc, lost their homes to foreclosure. As a result, you could pick up a house in N katy in the 20,000's. That lowered the value of ALL homes in N Katy, and made N Katy real estate very unstable. For the most part, many of the white collar workers had the resources to continue paying their mortgages, so although there were foreclosures on the south side also, the market was still much more stable in S Katy.

There is now more and more development in N Katy, but the sharp decline in home values in N Katy carried a stigma for a long time. But most people think the stigma is either a race thing or a poor vs rich thing.

I think N Katy is definitely on the rebound and 20 years from now people won't remember the whole "N Katy vs S Katy" issue. For now, S Katy still draws more white collar workers. But new high end developments in N Katy will eventually blur that distinction.

Old 12-29-2007, 10:55 AM

2,703 posts, read 23,043 times
The newer developments in Southern Cypress will help out Northern Katy, especially along the Grand Parkway (once it is built) where Bridgeland is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston