U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2010, 09:28 AM

36 posts, read 58,301 times

Advertisements

was thinking about spending a day at moody gardens, 2 adults, 2 teens. Is it worth the $50 day pass? is the beach as nice as they advertise? Appreciate all input
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2010, 09:48 AM

36 posts, read 147,789 times
We did Moody Gardens twice since we moved here. Our children are young so we did not do many of the activities. If you plan on doing most it may be cost effective. All we did was take advantage of the beach club. It is nice and the children absolutely loved it both times.

The San Luis hotel was cheaper but with the kids young and on property we stayed with Moody gardens.

Don't forget the Rain Forest Cafe, has a little ride.

Old 07-05-2010, 02:12 PM

4,359 posts, read 7,249,566 times
Default Maybe...

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelori1107 View Post
was thinking about spending a day at moody gardens, 2 adults, 2 teens. Is it worth the $50 day pass? is the beach as nice as they advertise? Appreciate all input
Read this thread, opinions only of course:

Moody Gardens experience...

Please let us all know how it went for you.

Old 07-05-2010, 05:15 PM

361 posts, read 504,434 times
I have only been to the aquarium and I thought it was pretty good. The penguins alone were enough for my daughter. I don't have much interest in the other pyramids but I have heard that Palm Beach is fun. Its no really a beach. Its really a pool with sand.

Old 07-05-2010, 05:19 PM

4,153 posts, read 5,999,320 times
Yes it's a pool with sand from Florida. I remember as a kid I would easily dig to the tarp on the bottom. It's a good family trip. And you don't have to worry about tar being in the sand

Old 07-05-2010, 11:46 PM

183 posts, read 475,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelori1107 View Post
It depends on your kids interests. The beach there is a pool with sand. It has been some years since we were there, however, I remember the beach having more appeal for younger children.

I think teenagers would like the Schlitterbahn better. It is located in the Moody Gardens Complex.

Old 07-06-2010, 04:06 PM

10,300 posts, read 10,742,750 times
Moody Gardens is like a zoo, right?

Old 07-06-2010, 11:54 PM

10,259 posts, read 7,732,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M Bulldawg View Post
Moody Gardens is like a zoo, right?
A Zoo with tar bars!

Alien-Earth.org Forum - Tar balls from oil spill found on Galveston coastline

"Officials have confirmed that tar balls discovered recently along the Galveston and Bolivar coastline are from the Deepwater Horizon oil spill, marking the first time oil from the spill has been found on Texas beaches.

The tar balls were found on Crystal Beach and Galveston's East Beach during the holiday weekend.

State and local officials are holding a news conference late this afternoon to provide more details on the tar balls.

If the tar balls are related to the oil spill, the key will be figuring out how they got here, said Roschelle Gaskins, a spokeswoman for the Galveston Island Convention & Visitors Bureau. The Coast Guard, as late as last week, had told the bureau that oil from the spill was not predicted to reach Galveston, she said.

Old 07-07-2010, 07:27 AM

6,609 posts, read 9,765,552 times
Nana-53 - those were random, sparse tarballs and not what is being experienced along the Louisiana and Florida coasts. Even Florida's are still sporadic. And whatever they did find at Galveston is in no way going to effect the op's visit to Palm Beach at Moody Gardens - that is a manmade beach with a pool and sand that was brought in.

I don't think Moody Gardens is like a zoo though either - an aquarium, a rainsforest and I forgot what all else is there but not an actual zoo. Schlitterbahn is so close - your family would probably love it too and you can take your own cooler to Schlitterbahn with your own picnic lunch - a lot of families seem to really appreciate that.

Old 07-07-2010, 02:30 PM

10,300 posts, read 10,742,750 times
Wow!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston