U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 07-08-2010, 07:18 PM
 
221 posts, read 548,853 times
Reputation: 137

Advertisements

The past few days with the rain and all the traffic has been AWFUL, it's just put me in a bad mood.

So......

Why do YOU choose to clog our freeways and drive far everyday polluting the earths atmosphere in BORING traffic?

Why do YOU choose to limit your shopping needs to BORING mega-stores?

Why do YOU choose to eat the same 'ol BORING food in generic chain restaurant #234?

Why do YOU choose to subject your children to BORING schools with much more superior options in the city?

Why do YOU choose to live in a BORING crap quality, prefabricated, poorly built McMansion that destroys the precious forests that our country so sorely needs?

Why do YOU choose to make these horrible investment decisions in buying a house far away from the city knowing that gentrification is occurring while your BORING suburb will be our future ghettos?

I hear the familiar arguments....

"We go for the good schools."

"We go for the crime free environment."

How can you say these things when inner city Houston offers all that and more?

YOU are the reason why Houston's air is so bad and why your great grand children are going to be growing up in a world full of un-breathable oxygen.

YOU are the reason why our atmosphere is dwindling and exposing us to extreme climate change, do YOU even remember when it snowed HERE IN HOUSTON 2 years in a ROW?

YOU are the reason why Walmart and every other major corporation is killing small businesses and taking over the world.

YOU are the reason why public transportation sucks so much here in Houston, I can't even take Metro rail anywhere because YOU morons keep making right turns where you're not supposed to and crashing into our trains.

YOU keep complaining about illegal immigrants yet YOU bought a house built by them, YOU eat food cooked by them, and YOU even have your house cleaned by them.

I could go on and on, but this is just a warning, if affordable long range electric cars don't exist in 10 years, yall are screwed.

 
Old 07-08-2010, 07:22 PM
 
Location: Charleston Sc and Western NC
9,274 posts, read 23,737,789 times
Reputation: 4695
Ask your mom
 
Old 07-08-2010, 07:48 PM
 
1,042 posts, read 2,899,423 times
Reputation: 332
Troll
 
Old 07-08-2010, 07:53 PM
 
Location: Clear Lake TX
8,278 posts, read 27,509,247 times
Reputation: 4565
This should explain quite a bit:
http://www.city-data.com/forum/houst...l#post11130782

And this:
#17 Hating their parents « Stuff White People Like
 
Old 07-08-2010, 07:57 PM
 
221 posts, read 548,853 times
Reputation: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by tstone View Post

Are you pointing that thread out in an attempt to change the subject at hand and reduce my credibility? I smoke marijuana once in awhile, but I'm no pot head. Hell pretty much every president of the past 20 years has... Nothing wrong with pot, and don't even try to start a debate here because I will destroy you.


Oh, I'm no troll and I love my parents.
 
Old 07-08-2010, 07:58 PM
 
Location: Charleston Sc and Western NC
9,274 posts, read 23,737,789 times
Reputation: 4695
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertrulez View Post


Oh, I'm no troll and I love my parents.

Then you should ask them why they chose to live in a prefab world. Something tells me it has to do with economics.
 
Old 07-08-2010, 08:00 PM
 
221 posts, read 548,853 times
Reputation: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by EasilyAmused View Post
Then you should ask them why they chose to live in a prefab world. Something tells me it has to do with economics.
I tell my mom that EVERY day, she's actually even reconsidering and thinking about selling the house. Plus my dad and I don't live in a suburb, we live in Houston.
 
Old 07-08-2010, 08:07 PM
 
25,058 posts, read 23,758,864 times
Reputation: 11654
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertrulez View Post
The past few days with the rain and all the traffic has been AWFUL, it's just put me in a bad mood.

So......

Why do YOU choose to clog our freeways and drive far everyday polluting the earths atmosphere in BORING traffic?

Why do YOU choose to limit your shopping needs to BORING mega-stores?

Why do YOU choose to eat the same 'ol BORING food in generic chain restaurant #234?

Why do YOU choose to subject your children to BORING schools with much more superior options in the city?

Why do YOU choose to live in a BORING crap quality, prefabricated, poorly built McMansion that destroys the precious forests that our country so sorely needs?

Why do YOU choose to make these horrible investment decisions in buying a house far away from the city knowing that gentrification is occurring while your BORING suburb will be our future ghettos?

I hear the familiar arguments....

"We go for the good schools."

"We go for the crime free environment."

How can you say these things when inner city Houston offers all that and more?

YOU are the reason why Houston's air is so bad and why your great grand children are going to be growing up in a world full of un-breathable oxygen.

YOU are the reason why our atmosphere is dwindling and exposing us to extreme climate change, do YOU even remember when it snowed HERE IN HOUSTON 2 years in a ROW?

YOU are the reason why Walmart and every other major corporation is killing small businesses and taking over the world.

YOU are the reason why public transportation sucks so much here in Houston, I can't even take Metro rail anywhere because YOU morons keep making right turns where you're not supposed to and crashing into our trains.

YOU keep complaining about illegal immigrants yet YOU bought a house built by them, YOU eat food cooked by them, and YOU even have your house cleaned by them.

I could go on and on, but this is just a warning, if affordable long range electric cars don't exist in 10 years, yall are screwed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertrulez View Post
so it sucks being a teen in a state that considers marijuana a felony
Got a future Democrat voter in the making . FWI a lot of that pollution is caused by industry near you, not cars. And cars are becoming more environmentally friendly so stop whining and swallowing the liberal propaganda before it's too late. I'm from San Juan, Puerto Rico and I'm GLAD I lived in a rural area and I live in the suburbs now. Once you live out if the city few will want to come back
 
Old 07-08-2010, 08:10 PM
 
Location: Charleston Sc and Western NC
9,274 posts, read 23,737,789 times
Reputation: 4695
Newflash: Republicans and Moderates hate exurban sprawl as well.
 
Old 07-08-2010, 08:12 PM
 
Location: Clear Lake TX
8,278 posts, read 27,509,247 times
Reputation: 4565
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertrulez View Post
Are you pointing that thread out in an attempt to change the subject at hand and reduce my credibility? I smoke marijuana once in awhile, but I'm no pot head. Hell pretty much every president of the past 20 years has... Nothing wrong with pot, and don't even try to start a debate here because I will destroy you.
It was a combination of many things in both of your posts that reduced your own credibility.

I also have more experience with smoke than I care to blatantly admit. Unfortunately The Man says I must be an alcohol man or else he'll send me and my family to the ghetto.

BTW I live in Houston, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top