U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2013, 10:28 AM

20,879 posts, read 12,573,198 times

Advertisements

65, the RWA says it is for the infrastructure they had to install. They did put in huge lines from Lake Houston to the MUD's. Individuals cannot purchase water from the RWA, only MUD's.

My water and RWA bill, sorry don't know amount used.

Jan 13.70 41.80
Feb 7.30 24.20
Mar 6.50 15.40
Apr 6.50 17.60
May 12.90 39.60
June 8.10 26.40
July 16.10 48.40
Aug 23.60 68.20

Surely, they have a fee schedule. Like, if you use over x amount, you will be sorry. It is a shame they don't share it.

Last edited by crone; 08-10-2013 at 10:29 AM.. Reason: poor wording
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2013, 05:06 PM

366 posts, read 761,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 65andcounting View Post
i just received my water bill and compared it to the last two months.the rwa fee went up from$4 to $8 to $21 in the space of 3 months and my water usage has only risen slightly because of watering the yard a bit more..the basic water bill is still at around $45 or so..this is a ripoff and you cannot tell me there have been tons of improvements in the way our water is processed,purifed and sent through the pipes..i have lived in houston/spring since 1977,so i do know how the utlities are in this city..something just isnt right!!!
If you're in the North Harris County RWA, it's because you are being levied penalties due to the RWA not meeting conversion requirements imposed by the Harris Galveston subsidence district.

Old 08-10-2013, 05:09 PM

366 posts, read 761,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
65, the RWA says it is for the infrastructure they had to install. They did put in huge lines from Lake Houston to the MUD's. Individuals cannot purchase water from the RWA, only MUD's.

My water and RWA bill, sorry don't know amount used.

Jan 13.70 41.80
Feb 7.30 24.20
Mar 6.50 15.40
Apr 6.50 17.60
May 12.90 39.60
June 8.10 26.40
July 16.10 48.40
Aug 23.60 68.20

Surely, they have a fee schedule. Like, if you use over x amount, you will be sorry. It is a shame they don't share it.
Legally the fee schedule must be available under the open records act so try their website or you can call your water operator or attorney representing them.

Old 08-10-2013, 09:15 PM

20,879 posts, read 12,573,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nervouslaughter View Post
Legally the fee schedule must be available under the open records act so try their website or you can call your water operator or attorney representing them.
Been there, done that. My MUD and the operator they hire do no wrong. Even when the sanitary sewer backs up in folks showers. The result was that all the floors needed to be replaced, twice.

I'll call Monday. Thanks.

Old 09-03-2013, 03:46 PM

3 posts, read 4,458 times
Default Regional Water Authority Fee

Thanks for all the info. It really does suck, but it must be paid if you want your water to stay on. I was really upset when I saw the $95 feee for this months bill. That fee is way higher than my actual bill. At first I had no clue what it was for. I now have an idea , so I am not sweating it too much.

Old 09-18-2013, 09:39 AM

6 posts, read 5,558 times
Be interesting to know thoughts on the all new garbage pick-up. New waste cans but less service? Previous service was twice weekly in the Spring, TX area, zip 77379. Now once weekly. Same price, less service. I've spoken with Republic Services (waste management)regarding this issue, and they throw it back on MUD stating that this is their doing.
Again, less service, same cost, pretty new waste cans. I'm an early morning walker and the streets reek of garbage because they are only picked up once weekly. Fearful of rodent infestations because of this.

To go along with "the burden falls on taxpayers" is ludicrous. We can only take so much. The burden has to stop. There are more people, more taxes being paid by everyone. It is wage increases and bonuses. Bottom line. And it's not going to the guys that drive the truck. It's going to the desk jockeys that decided to eliminate men for machine. GO Mud!

Old 11-25-2013, 07:36 PM

1 posts, read 1,545 times
Default no matter what you call it, we are still getting robbed

I pay 1300 a year on my water bill. I pay 1200 a year in MUD taxes. That's 2500 a year and about @210 month to get toxic water pumped to my house. With chlorine, fluorides and chlorimines, and the normal stuff, like iron, calcium, phosphates and a myriad of bacteria, I also have to install and maintain filtration systems to make the water moderately safe to drink. I can't drill a well because of the minimum lot size requirements. I am stuck with this annual fiscal assault.

Old 12-21-2013, 06:37 AM

1 posts, read 1,506 times
This is ridiculous!!! My water bill is $18,sewer 14 and the RWA is 39.98. This cannot continue.As law abiding citizen what can we do to stop this daylight robbery??

Old 10-05-2014, 06:37 PM

1 posts, read 1,260 times
Thumbs down I can't understand why we are stuck paying this.

The Burden Falls on the Tax Payers? It sure does they charge us to build the facilities then they charge us to use the water, I remember hearing about this in school during the American Revolution. What kinda of politician passes a tax law which is essentially what this is an unspoken tax law, that forces me to pay more then I am for water and sewage and trash combined so that they won't turn off my service. It's time we fix these issues, there are so many problems with our "Prospering City", some really underhanded things are going on and they need to be stopped.

Old 07-16-2017, 04:57 PM

2 posts, read 2,175 times
Default Pearland Water/Sewage is OUT of LINE!!!

I live in Pearland and I have always thought the water bill was high here. I live in a MUD district and my latest water bill was $168. We are a family of (4) and don't have anything out of the ordinary going on. When I first moved into West Oaks Village in 2001, our bill was about $110 per month. I know people that live in Harris County and their water/sewage bill is about $25 to $35 per month. I don't understand why Pearland's water and Sewage is so expensive. There is also a $5 per month MUD fee?????

I would love to start a something here to get the City to take a look at our water and sewage cost. IT'S WAY, WAY OUT OF LINE AND ALWAYS HAS BEEN......DON'T MOVE TO PEARLAND IF YOU ARE THINKING ABOUT MOVING!!!!!!!

Texas 77584
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston