Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How do you view them?
They are a good team 12 28.57%
They are alright, could be better 23 54.76%
They probably won't ever be good again 7 16.67%
They are bad, always were, always will be 0 0%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2010, 08:42 AM

17,029 posts, read 30,922,581 times

Advertisements

Rockets = NBA Basketball, plenty of football threads already.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2010, 08:54 AM

9,221 posts, read 15,954,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
To your first two paragraphs, you better hope Andre Johnson plays for the next 100 years if you want to gain in popularity and I didn't cherry pick anything. I read it and it was nothing more than extension of the first time you mentioned it and it is still what it is...excuses.
What kind of bs is this? Andre Johnson doesn't need to play for the next 100 years so the Texans to get more fans. In fact, we care less about having the most fans. That's something Cowboy fans are worried about. And if you think what I said is excuses, then you're alone on that one. You get on me for not knowing about Atlanta in the Atlanta section, but you don't know what you're talking about here...at all.

Quote:
What do you mean if it comes back to speed? It never was at speed. Yes, we do have a better defense. We have a better front four, better secondary, better linebacking corp. We also have DEPTH on both sides of the ball. That's what separates Dallas from Houston. That's why Dallas was a playoff team last year and why many pick Dallas to be one of the teams to represent the NFC in the superbowl this year. I don't care to hear about injuries. Dallas and every other team in the NFL had them last year but they had players fill in those positions and succeeded. Houston didn't. As far as losing Shanahan, you sound like an Eagle fan after they lose players and coaches. He will be missed and it will show.
It never was at spped? Why don't you look at the Texans in 2008? Go look at our rushing attack then, and then come back. Better front four is debatable, you have a slightly better secondary, Houston has a younger/better linebacking core. We have depths on both sides of the ball, too. It's why some publications have the Texans ranked number one in young talent. As far as the Cowboys representing the NFC, the same thing was said last year. Let the games be played first.

As far as your Shanahan comment, that shows you don't know what you're talking about. It's nothing like what the Eagles went through. Shanahan didn't even have play alling duties and just agreed with Kubiak on almost everything. Dennison is a vet and can keep him in check.

Quote:
I wouldn't have mentioned the Cowboys if somebody didn't mention them. I seen it and pounced.
But see, I already responded to that post, saying the Cowboys had nothing to worry about. You still felt the need to come in on your Cowboys high horse...as usual, when they have done crap since the Texans have been in the league (one damn playoff game).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
Rockets = NBA Basketball, plenty of football threads already.
Sorry Oildog . Just defending against a worried Cowboy fan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston