Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2013, 06:04 PM

1 posts, read 1,849 times

Advertisements

Before any of the half-witted people post the expected question; no, I do not work for ALDI.

After recently moving from a lovely area of Michigan where ALDI was locally present, I felt that someone needed to set the record straight about what ALDI sells.

For a MOMENT I was a bit skeptical of the types of products carried at their stores. That skepticism was dismissed the second I stepped foot into the door and was greeted with a display of products imported from Germany. For all of you dolts who have done no investigation before making these inane remarks (those who are only complaining about the products and type of business that ALDI represents), open your eyes and take one minute to read about the company. ALDI was originally a European company. They did not get their start in the ghetto. They have been around for many years with great success.

I have created the most beautiful holiday platters with high-end foods from ALDI. Some examples of what I love to purchase there would be: Imported beer from Holland and Germany, imported cheese from Ireland, imported chocolate from Belgium and Germany, imported award-winning wine from all over the world, some of the best refrigerated salsa I have ever tasted, and my favorite...potato perogies for under $2 per box. Most of what I mentioned is approx $5 or less in cost. Their prices are staggering in a great way! Many of their foods are also brand-name, which are packaged under the ALDI name.

Another reason to give them a try is the fantastic general merchandise aisle. Every week they get new items at unbelievably low prices. You might find rose bushes, fruit trees, hanging baskets, trampolines, garden decor, bird feeders. Most of it is at a fraction of the price and double the quality when compared to other stores.

If you enjoy similar types of food, please check them out and experience the same pleasant surprise that I did two years ago. Your wallet, family and friends will thank you when it's time to eat. If not, you won't be missed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2013, 06:33 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,560,593 times
I think Aldi is going to be fine.

There was a contingency of people from Katy who believed that Aldi would cause chaos, riots in the streets, pyramid schemes, Andy Dalton to dye his hair blonde, etc.

Old 01-30-2013, 06:47 PM

1,614 posts, read 2,661,551 times
I personally can't wait for Aldi to open (I have heard March for the Katy location. They have "now hiring" signs out now.) I used to shop at Aldi when I lived in New Jersey. They have some great products for great prices. I have friends in other parts of the country who currently shop at Aldi and they have said that Aldi is carrying more organics now too. I will be a customer for sure.

Old 01-30-2013, 06:50 PM

61,647 posts, read 87,001,838 times
How funny! I just yesterday checked the Google maps to see if anything is going on there.
Anyone knows how far they are with the construction? I heard that the store supposed to be open in March...

Old 01-30-2013, 06:52 PM

7,599 posts, read 18,403,189 times
I haven't been in Aldi since I left Ireland. They always had a good sale on beer for me so I went often

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Old 01-30-2013, 06:54 PM

1,614 posts, read 2,661,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
How funny! I just yesterday checked the Google maps to see if anything is going on there.
Anyone knows how far they are with the construction? I heard that the store supposed to be open in March...

If you are talking about the Katy store, it has appeared to be done on the outside anyway for a long time (like for a month or more...it has been so long I have forgotten). I drive by it all the time to take my daughter to preschool. Now hiring signs have gone up in about the last week or so.

Old 01-30-2013, 07:27 PM

61,647 posts, read 87,001,838 times
^^ Yes, this one! Thank you
They have hiring event next week.
Not to shabby pay and good benefits.
Shift Manager will receive $11.50 + $4.25 per hour premium when acting as Manager
and Cashiers will receive $11.50 per hour.
Welcome to ALDI

Old 01-30-2013, 08:01 PM

6,489 posts, read 8,808,426 times
I live ~5 blocks from this store. I am looking forward to checking it out.

Old 01-31-2013, 06:23 AM

1,031 posts, read 1,451,177 times
I can't wait for the one on Fry down the street from West Rd. to open, I drive by that one all the time and I would much prefer to stop in there for some beer after work rather than Wal-Mart.

Old 01-31-2013, 06:30 AM

9,598 posts, read 16,560,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
^^ Yes, this one! Thank you
They have hiring event next week.
Not to shabby pay and good benefits.
Shift Manager will receive $11.50 + $4.25 per hour premium when acting as Manager
and Cashiers will receive $11.50 per hour.
Welcome to ALDI
It's a great company, but be ready to work!

You can't sit around and talk to your neighbor cashier like they do at Target.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston