Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2010, 01:44 PM
hsw

2,144 posts, read 7,163,011 times

Advertisements

Business travelers tend to have different criteria (and income levels) than smelly, cash-poor tourists (not sure why anyone would spend their own money to visit any city, unless work as a retail clerk, have never traveled for business, and have no access to a computer/Net to virtually tour)

Hou, along w/Dallas, is one of world's 5 most important business epicenters

And as many business travelers from Manhattan or SiliconValley will confirm, the chicks who work as receptionists, etc at TX cos. are far more attractive than those in other business epicenters....and the strip clubs are more entertaining than the lame stuff in other, supposedly sophisticated business cities (incl Manhattan)

Old 07-24-2010, 01:56 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,214,794 times
Gee, all this boringness in Houston and Dallas yet their population growth is helping to bring an increased Congressional representation to Texas.

Next thing you know Texas is going to be boring as well.

Old 07-24-2010, 02:01 PM

6,202 posts, read 11,452,611 times
D.C. is pretty boring then. D.C. and Brussels are pretty similar with the "red tape and Eurocrats" (or in D.C.'s case Americrats).

Old 07-24-2010, 07:18 PM

4,760 posts, read 13,827,101 times
Houston has incredible dining, theater, museums, and people. What's so boring about that?

Old 07-24-2010, 07:38 PM

12,735 posts, read 21,779,367 times
I know right!

Old 07-24-2010, 09:49 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,566,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveArmy View Post
I refering to the concerts being held in the Woodlands(which is not in Houston).
Aren't you from the NYC area? You know, that metro where all the football teams are called "New York" but they play in Jersey?

Old 07-24-2010, 10:09 PM

1,474 posts, read 4,997,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
Aren't you from the NYC area? You know, that metro where all the football teams are called "New York" but they play in Jersey?
ever heard of 'tri-state'? or the area called the NYC metro? or how built out and dense NYC is already? that NJ/CT/PA/Upstate NY are considered the burbs of NYC? or that the Giants stadium is 5miles from manhattan? or that newark NJ has one of the best concert halls and its a short LRT ride from manhattan? what do you even know about that area?

Old 07-24-2010, 10:17 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,566,362 times
Quote:
umm you guys think you have the answer but being a business city is not an excuse to be boring. Theres got to be a reason why the best rock concerts are outside of Houston. I bet that has a lot to do who and where the more influential people reside and how much hate has built up between all these areas
Quote:
I refering to the concerts being held in the Woodlands(which is not in Houston).
Quote:
ever heard of 'tri-state'? or the area called the NYC metro? or how built out and dense NYC is already? that NJ/CT/PA/Upstate NY are considered the burbs of NYC? or that the Giants stadium is 5miles from manhattan? or that newark NJ has one of the best concert halls and its a short LRT ride from manhattan? what do you even know about that area?
I'd hate to see you in an interrogation room. Okay, I lied. I'd love to see that.

Old 07-25-2010, 01:03 AM

1,678 posts, read 3,739,064 times
Not only are we boring. We are not even the best place to raise abducted children, we lost out to Boulder, CO of all places.

Quote:

The mountains surrounding Boulder won accolades for their stunning views and relative lack of state troopers.

Boulder, Colorado, Named Best Place To Raise Abducted Children | The Onion - America's Finest News Source
BOULDER, CO—The picturesque city of Boulder once again placed first in American Living's annual tally of the nation's 20 best places to raise abducted children, taking top honors for the third consecutive year.
"With plenty of cultural amenities, unsurpassed recreational opportunities, and an inviting lack of neighborhood watch groups, Boulder is the ideal place to raise a captive family," the magazine's editors wrote in a two-page feature spread. "The city is large enough for new residents to quickly blend in, yet small enough that one could easily track down a child who manages to escape from the attic crawlspace in the dead of night."
Editors also lauded its many bike paths.
"Boulder is the perfect place for me and the girls," said a local resident who asked that we refer to him only as Peter. "Trust me, we've lived all over: Sacramento, Reno, Tucson, Dallas, Orlando, northern Mexico for a few weeks, Dallas again, even Alaska. Nowhere else comes close."
In addition to its No. 1 overall ranking, Boulder also placed in the top five in several individual categories of the American Living index, including median income, school quality, basement size, annual number of search warrants issued, and green space.
"Everyone here is so friendly," said Mary Brown, who moved to the region last November with her common-law husband. "They're quick to smile and say hello, but they never ask any prying questions, like why you have an Asian baby."
The city of 300,000, located in the foothills of the Rockies, also earned high marks for its stunning scenery and access to "countless outdoor attractions and mountain getaways." Millions of acres of protected wilderness can be found within a half hour's drive of the city center, allowing captors to take their children on overnight camping trips, weekend hikes, or longer excursions as needed until media coverage dies down.
"This is beautiful country out here," said David Walker Janssen, a self-described preacher who has lived for years on the outskirts of Boulder. "Rugged peaks on one side, endless golden plains on the other—God truly chose this land. Just as He chose those flaxen-haired angels to be my rightful brides."
Aside from its natural beauty, Boulder also impressed American Living's editors with its 300 sunny days per year, its wealth of free cultural events, and the fact that building a soundproof backyard shed does not require filing any paperwork with city hall.
"The Boulder business community could not agree more strongly with American Living's assessment," Northern Colorado Chamber of Commerce president Dan Warburton said. "Everything you could possibly need to raise your kidnapped children—ample sunlight, nearby hardware stores with all the tools and rope you could ever ask for, coffee shops where you can sit for hours planning out your next move, even abandoned warehouses—it's all right here. So come, discover Boulder."
While the community's nurturing environment has won the near unanimous praise of visitors and abductors alike, Boulder's most meaningful words of endorsement came from its young people.
"Boulder is great," said 15-year-old Samantha Pritchard, who has lived in the area since April or May or maybe it was June 2007. "I love living here in Boulder. Yup, I love living right here in Boulder, Colorado."
"That's Boulder, Colorado," she added.

Old 07-25-2010, 09:54 AM

1,474 posts, read 4,997,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topaz View Post
Houston has incredible dining, theater, museums, and people. What's so boring about that?
Let me guess... youre a girl. older? maybe a fattie? a little bit?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston