Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2014, 05:43 PM

352 posts, read 772,954 times

Advertisements

A small town suburb, quiet with AAA great schools and not many transplants.

What are other areas of Houston that are similar. Fyi sugarland and Katy are not. They are filled with transplants
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2014, 05:55 PM

15,218 posts, read 30,401,995 times
What makes you think League City/Clear Lake has that many fewer transplants, first of all?

Old 12-10-2014, 06:59 PM

352 posts, read 772,954 times
because I live down here. They have some, every area does but there is a completely different vibe in this area than in katy and sugarland

Old 12-10-2014, 07:25 PM

169 posts, read 447,344 times
Crosby, Huffman, & Mont Belvieu/Barbers Hill are all known for a small town feel and all have above average school. The big difference between the League City/Webster area and these is that you have to drive a longer distance for high end shopping experiences even though everything you really need is close by in these communities.
I live in the Mont Blevieu/Barbers Hill area and overall I think we have fewer transplants…the largest group of people in Mont Belvieu/Barbers Hill that come to mind as what might be considered transplants are still from another Houston suburb, not from out of state (they're the "white-flight" from Pasadena if you were curious). Crosby and Huffman haven't really seen explosive growth to allow there to be a transplant group that would really be noticeable.

Old 12-10-2014, 07:28 PM

675 posts, read 921,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waytoodeep03 View Post
because I live down here. They have some, every area does but there is a completely different vibe in this area than in katy and sugarland
From what I have seen when down there, there are quite a lot of transplants down around League City/Clear Lake/Friendswood. Almost as many as Sugar Land and Katy. Hate to burst your bubble.

Old 12-10-2014, 08:55 PM

15,218 posts, read 30,401,995 times
I know plenty Katy people who were born and raised there while the subdivisions were still rice fields and Cinco Ranch was actually a ranch. Where you are is not drastically different. NASA brought people from all over the place there decades ago.

Old 12-11-2014, 07:05 AM

2,086 posts, read 4,102,251 times
Quote:

What are other areas of Houston that are similar. Fyi sugarland and Katy are not. They are filled with transplants
How very trollish of you!

Old 12-11-2014, 07:12 AM

1,559 posts, read 2,356,782 times
Quote:

This is ridiculous. NASA=transplants!

Old 12-11-2014, 08:02 AM

8,376 posts, read 30,568,556 times
Quote:

League City + Webster has 100k people and the entire area 250k if you count Friendswood. It's also in the pathway from the whole of Houston to Galveston, Kemah and NASA. That's a big, busy suburb, and a world apart from Mont Belvieu.

My experience in Clear Lake is that almost everyone is a transplant, but there are lots of Texans from other parts of the state, including native Houstonians.

PS - Lived in different neighborhoods here 10+yrs near Clear Lake City Blvd...
The NASA presence used to be small, but visible & influential (clique). Nowadays their presence is miniscule. In my experience the vast majority of people are employed in Oil/Gas/Chemicals in offices & plants, or run their own businesses... the majority of which do service for O&G. Some people made some great buys after NASA ramped down but before O&G boomed.

Old 12-11-2014, 08:08 AM

2,756 posts, read 3,773,524 times
I'd say Seabrook.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston