Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2010, 10:42 PM

153 posts, read 324,228 times

Advertisements

Hey guys I'm face with a tough situation. There is this guy that did tiles for my family. He did it for my brother. My brother let him stay at his house for awhile because the guy didn't have a job. He does have a green card. My mom came over and look at the finishing work. It look nice, so my mom decided to let him install the tiles here since she felt sorry for him. He is a pretty nice guy. He just finished installing the tiles here. However, after this job I don't know where he is going to find a job. He doesn't know that much English. He's not an illegal immigrant or anything. I saw some gray hair on him. I just don't want to see a person going homeless especially this time of year. Do you guys know what kind of job that hire workers that know little English? He did an impressive job here as well. We have a spare room and a couch. Maybe my mom will allow him to stay for like a month or something until he finds a job or something.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2010, 07:46 PM

345 posts, read 1,073,569 times
If he's good at what he does and is a hard worker, why not go into business for himself? Word of mouth is the best form of advertising. It seems I get flyers and business cards for similar work on my door every day. Best of luck to him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston